Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Pizza

I've hoovered up a lot of dominoes this lockdown. I'm not sure but they always bring on the strongest Takeaway Shame. I think it's the price and artery wrecking brutality of them.

I always end up dehydrated after eating Domino's pizza. I suspect that a fair amount of monosodium glutamate goes into them.
Nah, nothing like that.
Just the cheese and/or meat sweats :D

I worked there for a year ish and their dough is all fresh. Most the ingredients are pretty decent. All pre-prepared and frozen/tinned/chopped/bagged but no funny stuff.

Nah, nothing like that.
Just the cheese and/or meat sweats :D

I worked there for a year ish and their dough is all fresh. Most the ingredients are pretty decent. All pre-prepared and frozen/tinned/chopped/bagged but no funny stuff.
That's strange, then. Are they quite heavy on the salt? It's happened several times, to the point that I just don't bother now (although I think my nearest Domino's is quite a bit of a distance, so it's moot anyway). It was one of the reasons I started making my own.

That's strange, then. Are they quite heavy on the salt? It's happened several times, to the point that I just don't bother now (although I think my nearest Domino's is quite a bit of a distance, so it's moot anyway). It was one of the reasons I started making my own.
No more than any other pizza shed.

Fresh dough kneaded in cornmeal
Not much oil
Tomato puree with some herbs
Mozzarella cheese

Toppings like ham/pepperoni are salty of course but no salt or anything else is added. Pizza dough is made with some salt of course but nothing more than any I do at home.

No more than any other pizza shed.

Fresh dough kneaded in cornmeal
Not much oil
Tomato puree with some herbs
Mozzarella cheese

Toppings like ham/pepperoni are salty of course but no salt or anything else is added. Pizza dough is made with some salt of course but nothing more than any I do at home.
Perhaps I need to give them another try, under scientific conditions :)

What's wrong with monosodium glutamate?

Good article on it here, and why its poor reputation is unjustified, and based on racism: How MSG Got A Bad Rap: Flawed Science And Xenophobia

I recently posted this in another thread. People still pull a face if you say you use it, but I think it's great.

I put some in the mash potatoes at work last night. Probably healthier then the huge amount of cheese I was tempted to.

Pizza isnt healthy of course but Domino's probably nearer the bottom of the pizza health list. Like you say doesn't matter but always makes me think they must be full of something extra bad. Maybe their dough and cheese are just particularly naughty

Pizza isnt healthy of course but Domino's probably nearer the bottom of the pizza health list. Like you say doesn't matter but always makes me think they must be full of something extra bad. Maybe their dough and cheese are just particularly naughty
If you have read Badgers' post, a few up from here, he's saying that he has first-hand knowledge that there's nothing obviously dodgy about Domino's pizzas. I'm happy to take his word for it.

Yeah, it is pretty standard in most pizzas. Not saying they are healthy :D just that Domino's are no difference from Papa John's, GoGo and the Hut etc.
I wonder if there is any difference in relative healthiness between take-away pizzas and the one you can buy in the shops. Might be on the higher end ones, but not cheaper ones.

Back
Top Bottom