Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Pizza

Not saying anything hidden just wondering how they get quite so many calories in it! Probably just far more dough and cheese than you think

[
Dominoes dough is always kind of fried. How do they do that?
Would need to check the calorie counts between the pizza sheds :D

I worked at the Hut and at Domino's for a while.

Pizza Hut pan pizza was frozen then cooked in oil. Domino's was delivered every other day in 'fresh balls of dough' which were kneaded in cornflour then baked in a gas 'staging' oven (same as almost all chain pizza sheds).

I am a fan of the Pizza GoGo 'Alligator' pizza on occasion which is a heart attack in a box :D

In an ideal world we would be dining outside in independently run pizza shops offering a sour dough base cooked in wood fired oven. However the pizza chains are not the same :D

Oh god you'll be advocating having 5 chips sprayed with a micro-coating of olive oil and baked in the oven instead of going to the chippy next, don't be so joyless.

I don't think it's joyless at all. I actually prefer food that is at least semi-healthy - the fresh taste of veg (with some carbs and fat) rather than a meal drowned in fat is a win for me.

The deep pan pizza covered with meat and cheese is more an American thing than an Italian thing AFAIK.

If you want a fasr food option, the cold counter freshly made ones at sainsbury are better than the hut, dominoes etc. Fifth of the price too. Was very impressed with last one.

If you want a fasr food option, the cold counter freshly made ones at sainsbury are better than the hut, dominoes etc. Fifth of the price too. Was very impressed with last one.
I am disinterested in this fasr food you speak of :D

Don't get that to be honest. A decent pizza oven makes a huge difference. Although i generally do defer to the homemade or shop brought these days.

I've tried the Sains fresh pizza counter and they do OK veggie ones with plenty of sweetcorn. It's decades since I've had a chain pizza so I can't really compare, but I always think they're a bit shit in comparison other pizzas you can buy in the shops.

Mrs Tag will always go for a white pizza...there are just bland. As it's her birthday tomorrow I might treat her to a 400rabbits pizza in Crystal Palace park. We have a new job on the block and it's offering charcoal bases.
Screenshot_20210406-183326.png

Back
Top Bottom