Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Pizza

Wow! What dough recipe do you use? My son would give his eye teeth for a pepperoni pizza.
I've just asked the chef and he gave me this
In food processor with blade attachment, pour in:

630 g bread flour (100%)
12.6 g diastatic malt or dough enhancer/improver (2%)
3 TBSP olive oil (32g or so; 5%)

In a separate jug/bowl, whisk together:

410 g (or ml) of tepid water (65%)
10 g salt (1.6%)
10 g yeast (1.6%) - a lot of yeast, but it is a same day dough!

Add the liquid to the food processor, then blitz. The dough should come together and then ride around on the top of the blade (say, 5 seconds). Blitz for 30 seconds more

Place dough in a bowl, cover and leave for a 2-hour initial ferment at room temperature

Alternatively, put the dough straight into the fridge from the food processor, then leave for at least 16 hours and carry on as below

Divide dough into three portions (approx. 360 g each), shape into balls and cover for 2 more hours at room temperature

Dough ready for pizza! 3 x 12"-14" pizzas possible from this dough

It's inspired by a serious eats experiment and we've got a pizza steel etc. I approve and the child didn't just eat the toppings (for a change) :thumbs:

There can be nothing like a stuffed crust...thinks, isn't there a pizza with a sausage or similar tuning around the edge of a pizza crust....yum.

There can be nothing like a stuffed crust...thinks, isn't there a pizza with a sausage or similar tuning around the edge of a pizza crust....yum.
I had my first stuffed crust a few weeks back...I was fairly underwhelmed. Then again, it was Pizza Hut. I was more impressed by the BBQ base, not that id choose it on my own pizza, but it wasnt as revolting as i thought it would be.

Last edited:

😮

Had my eyes on these for a while but never thought I could justify the cost even thought they're reportedly very good. All the ovens on the UK site are sold out and pre-order only and they often sell for more than cost price on Ebay,

Had my eyes on these for a while but never thought I could justify the cost even thought they're reportedly very good. All the ovens on the UK site are sold out and pre-order only and they often sell for more than cost price on Ebay,
They are expensive. Very very good reviews across the board though. It was the portabilty and speed that attracted me to them.

Looks good KatyF :)

I am a bit of a fan of the GoGo pizza myself.
It is not a classy product but if you want a (compared to some) more affordable and stodgy pizza delivered they are pretty good.

Not ordered from them (or anyone for that matter) for some time now but usually go for the Alligator :D

Would you eat this Badgers? All that yellowy goodness. :)

Spinach-mushroom-sweetcorn-pizza-1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom