Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Pizza

Not tried the thin crust there. They are middle of the road pizza. I would only buy with a deal on myself. Where are you?

They do a limited 'gourmet' range now.

Definitely a cut above their usual. Proper thin bases, and better quality ingredients. Not top flight pizza, but definitely better than anything you'll get at the mainstream places.

It left a funny aftertaste in my mouth that still hasn't left 5 hours later. I still have the ground beef and black pepper one to sample later for dinner.

I think you were sucked into the same offer as myself :(

It is a bit rubbish, I have left half of it to munchon when its cold and I get the munchies

Still middle of the road mind and pretty much the same as the 'gourmet' options elsewhere. I used to consider them very slightly better than the mainstream norm - I like their terrible hot wings too - but they've been relegated down the list after the recent surprisingly good Dominos experience. I suspect much is up to the franchisee and how effort they put in, but qualitywise the West Norwood Papa Johns is no great shakes imd, despite repeated orders from the place.

I sense another Dominos order coming,.,. and then the familiar feeling of disappointment as it fails to live up to the first order

West Norwood Papa Johns has been consistently the worst pizza place I've ever experienced. I've given them four or five chances now, and a couple of them have ended up with me throwing half a pizza away, something which is not only rare as hens teeth, but also something that breaks my heart and leaves me crying uncontrollably for days on end.

Ah well, inspired by this very thread, we gave Dominos another go. And surprisingly - you may notice I'm have a vaguely low amazement threshold when it comes to takeaway pizzas - it's only gone and turned out to be another pair of fine pizzas. Even the right stuff on them, delivered quickly and piping hot, which is more than the aforementioned Papa John's regularly managed. Good bases too.

Stuffed, satisfied, overgreased and pleased. Thumbs up.

Have done one night in High Barnet nick. They were pretty nice actually :)

What is that pizza place that does (did?) the £5 pizza + ice cream lunch? It was ace value.

I usually ate at Spizzico (possible spelling mistake) in High Barnet
Ah but did you eat at Jenny's? It's been there since the 70s at least - was a Wimpy, but the decor and menu are unchanged for at least 30 years :)

Was the pizza ice cream place a bit further up the hill, opp the church almost? If so, it closed, became a chicken shop then closed again. New pizza place now, just opened :)

Amici, 367 Holloway Road, London, N7 0RN

Ideally I would go for about 8pm?
I am in Richmond and wanted to head back to Brixton for a pit-stop after work
Then takes about 40 minutes to Holloway Road and a stumble to Amici

Where are peeps coming from?
Should we meet in a pub before? There is a JDW nearby.
Shall I ring about a table for 4-5?

I'm doubtful whether I can make this now, can't really afford it, and might have a stupidly early start for some work tomorrow which I can't turn down. I will know by 5:30pm for definite, just waiting for a call back.

I'm doubtful whether I can make this now, can't really afford it, and might have a stupidly early start for some work tomorrow which I can't turn down. I will know by 5:30pm for definite, just waiting for a call back.

I'm gonna have to pass on this too, been asked to do a favour I can't really turn the request down. Really gutted actually, was very much looking forward to this :( Please take photos for the thread....

Sorry, definitely gonna have to bail for this one now, gutted :(

Best of luck, and please get some pics :cool:

ps. my little sister has just this minute alerted me to another restaurant with a man vs food+beer challenge, but as it's not pizza I think the finer details should be saved for a more relevant thread.

Back
Top Bottom