Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Pizza

It'd have to be the 14th Nov for me as I'm now going to a gig on the 7th, and I really don't fancy skanking out hard with such a full belly. :D

WP_001355.jpg

Ordered the best pizza delivery we've had in some time when decorating yesterday. Served piping hot, generous and tasty toppings, good quality (stuffed) bases and a decent deal (£20 for 2 medium pizzas and sides). Thoroughly enjoyed it - an unexpected pleasure rather than the usual stodgy grind.

From Dominos of all places. Yep I was surprised too, but way better than the rest we've had locally of late.

They threw in a free (large) tub of Ben & Jerrys in for some reason too. It just appeared as a freebie on the online order system, deliberately offered with no voucher business

I'm easily won over admittedly, but a pleasant bonus nonetheless.

Ordered the best pizza delivery we've had in some time when decorating yesterday. Served piping hot, generous and tasty toppings, good quality (stuffed) bases and a decent deal (£20 for 2 medium pizzas and sides). Thoroughly enjoyed it - an unexpected pleasure rather than the usual stodgy grind.

From Dominos of all places. Yep I was surprised too, but way better than the rest we've had locally of late.

Oooh, controversial. :eek:

Aren't they evil in some way or other?:hmm:

Dominos are franchises so can vary.
I rate them as fine myself, but only really on a deal as a large Mighty Meaty for £17.99 is not really sporting.

This was the Crystal Palace one fwiw. I actually found myself mouthing the words 'Well Done Dominos' on the evening, clearly so faintly amazed that it was actually good rather than the usual cloying delivery experience.

It's a low bar to set admittedly, but they're my current delivery faves locally. Sod you Papa Johns and a host of other second bests.

Not idea about the company ethics. I suspect they're shit, but this is a fast food multinational we're talking about.

Aren't they evil in some way or other?:hmm:

Mainly staff treatment. From Wiki:

In 2007 the current affairs programme Newsnight reported on the alleged poor treatment of Domino's Pizza employees.[32] Workers at one franchise claimed to be victims of "modern day slavery", according to union T&G Unite, with money unlawfully deducted from the workers' pay sometimes leaving workers being paid nothing or even made to pay the company. Some of the deductions made by the company included the costs of insuring the cars used to deliver pizzas, and one worker was deducted all her wages for the first week of work because the franchise designated it "unpaid training".[33] Then-CEO of the company Stephen Hemsley denied that such issues were systemic within the franchise network.[32]

I worked there for a while running a mates franchise. The deal was that each takeaway counter or delivery staff member ran their own till and had to balance it. None of the nasty stuff that is quoted above but it would be possible for such things to happen in some stores.

Not idea about the company ethics. I suspect they're shit, but this is a fast food multinational we're talking about.

I might be slandering a lot of innocent people here, but I'd guess the independent pizza delivery sector isn't exactly an outstanding example of how workers should be treated.

Back
Top Bottom