Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Pizza

IMAG0288.jpg

Pretty good :)

i have just invested in a stone.
how do the guns move pizza dough and toppings onto piping hot stone without making it too rustic? iykwim. pics of dirty stained stone avali if needed.:oops:

i've alwayss found it easier to just drop the shaped dough on the hot stone, then quickly stick the topping on it and put it back in the oven

I've not done that yet. We've got a glass chopping board that's a a bit textured. I roll the dough out on the worktop then transfer it to the pre-floured board, quickly add the toppings then use a pallet knife to drag the edge onto the pizza stone. Getting better at it ever time.

Pizza Hut now do a 'Crown Crust' which is a ring of melted cheddar and mozzarella cheese, alongside succulent beef meatballs, topped with delicious toppings of your choice!

Looks a bit excessive to me :hmm:

IMAG0288.jpg

Pretty good :)

this method of slicing a baguette or other loaf of crusty bread in half, sprinkling it w/ sauce, cheese and toppings is usually as far as I'll go towards making homemade "pizza" (I'm lucky in the sense that there are 4 or 5 really amazing rustic/traditional wood-fired pizza places within a 10 mile radius from me that it's like why bother trying to even come close to that?)
but anyway, I love whipping up this type of thing. Best part is that they are still v. good the next day - they work very well as picnic fare/breakfast etc, yeah? yumz. :)

I'm the eating the leftovers of that eggplant pizza today and this shizzle is even better the second day. Damn!

Back
Top Bottom