Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Pizza

Out of interest, fussy people, you’re in a restaurant and you order a side, what do you do with it? Do you eat a bit of the main and then a bit of the side, and backwards and forwards like that, like a neurotic? You don’t just tip the side dish onto the main?
Normally a tip it all on the plate and wolf it down kind of guy for most things. I wouldn't usually eat a salad with a pizza though, If I go Pizza Hut the only place where this might potentially happen cos they have nice salads. I would eat the bowl of salad first and then eat the pizza afterwards.

I’m saying people have a blind spot about pizze. If I had half a pizza and salad or chips on the other side of the plate, people wouldn’t bat an eyelid.

Similarly, if you buy fish and chips and some chips get on top of the fish, you don’t say the fish has a “chip coating”. Or if you have a pie and mushy peas. Or whatever.
Chips with pizza would have people fluttering away in horror surely?

After some confusion at a restaurant in Portugal, my father ended up with a chip omelette :eek: yeah - chips cooked into the omelette.

Laugh? I nearly passed my fags round!
I’d never considered that a possibility! Although I have cooked leftover chips into a curry before. Leftover pasta cooked into an omelet is a thing, though. (Not a French omelet, obvs).

I’d never considered that a possibility! Although I have cooked leftover chips into a curry before. Leftover pasta cooked into an omelet is a thing, though. (Not a French omelet, obvs).
It is! (a possibility).

I've had gyros in the past where they've shoved a handful of the accompanying fries in with the meat/salad/filling, too.

Meat and potatoes, innit.

It falls under "You want carbs with your carbs?" the same way garlic bread with pasta does. It should be wrong, purely on a nutritional basis, but people love it.
Garlic bread with pasta is the only double carbs combination it works. Because garlic bread makes everything better.

But yes, as a general rule the British are too addicted to double carbs. There was a Greek restaurant near where I went to university that served moussaka, rice and chips, which undoubtedly tastes as bad as it sounds. Even classic fish and chips is too carb-heavy.

Back
Top Bottom