Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Pizza

who cares what the Italians think? It’s an international food with many permutations.
I think you will find that traditionally pizza came from Italy. That slice in the picture might have a pizza style base but there are no other things on it that would normally be included: tomatoes, garlic, onions, cheese etc.

This my idea of truly great pizza; hugely popular in Connecticut (where all the submarines are based):

__opt__aboutcom__coeus__resources__content_migration__serious_eats__seriouseats.com__recipes__images__2013__06__20130527-clam-pizza-1-359b5cdcc9a5410681210631773a9603.jpg

I’ve come to the realisation quite late that I don’t really like pizza and almost every time I have one I am disappointed.

I can tolerate a frozen Chicago town thing as a cheap, quick or drunk meal because it’s not supposed to be authentic it’s just cheesy carbs.

I also don’t mind a proper pizza in an Italian restaurant and even pizza express at a push but everything in the middle from ‘posh’ supermarket to thick based expensive delivery pizza is on the shitlist. I tried to make my own but that didn’t go well either.

I think you will find that traditionally pizza came from Italy. That slice in the picture might have a pizza style base but there are no other things on it that would normally be included: tomatoes, garlic, onions, cheese etc.
There are no rules, just preferences

I’ve come to the realisation quite late that I don’t really like pizza and almost every time I have one I am disappointed.

I can tolerate a frozen Chicago town thing as a cheap, quick or drunk meal because it’s not supposed to be authentic it’s just cheesy carbs.

I also don’t mind a proper pizza in an Italian restaurant and even pizza express at a push but everything in the middle from ‘posh’ supermarket to thick based expensive delivery pizza is on the shitlist. I tried to make my own but that didn’t go well either.
I love pizza but I find most Italian Restaurant Pizza quite disappointing too. It's usually the cheese that makes it horrible. Not a fan of the sourdough trend either.
I do like my own though.

And now I want a kitchen thing I can't keep in the kitchen. Like the last 5 kitchen things.

I've reached maximum appliance limit at this point.
If I had a garden that would be a place for a pizza oven but alas no garden.

I've reached maximum appliance limit at this point.
If I had a garden that would be a place for a pizza oven but alas no garden.
The kitchen is full, the cupboards are full, the extra storage I put in is full, the shed is full. I do have a garden tho......

The kitchen is full, the cupboards are full, the extra storage I put in is full, the shed is full. I do have a garden tho......

I mean seriously - I have 4 ordinary sockets in my kitchen. FOUR!!! That's it!!!
Electric cooker on its own circuit ofc and an additional socket on that switch plate that I use for the kettle.
Place was built in the mid '70s, so it was designed and built with the notion that there were things that needed to be plugged in - but the sheer amount of stuff I have that needs a socket these days far exceeds what was planned for nearly 50 years ago.
I think RubyToogood has a garden pizza oven/chiminea type thing and might be able to give some advice about it.
Lovely idea for the summer certainly :)

Back
Top Bottom