Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Pizza

I like trying odd, different, unusual .....thin slices of potato, mozzarella, ham, taggelio cheese & rosemary.
I really want to know what taggelio is.. Having said that, taking a really cheap lidl pizza and adding ingredients can be quite good in as pinch really

photo.jpg

Only picture i've got of the cooking, one of my early pizzas, didn't have another rise after balling then, dough was a bit of a struggle to get round. The meat transfers heat to the base really well and the grill does the top, definatelty the best way to cook these type of pizzas

You should be able to use this technique with some of the other recipes on this thread, you might want to increase the water content (hydration) do get more spring and not burn the dough (ive gone up to 70%, but use around 65 now)

Get a heavy pan on a high hob and turn on the grill, set-up so the pan will get as close to element as possible. shape you dough to slightly smaller that the pan (it tends to stretch a bit as you lift) a little bigger on the edges and when the pan is smoking pickup dough and put in pan.

Add your sauce, cheese (i keep the mozarella in the fridge until now, it can over-cook under the grill) and toppings. The dough should be puffing up now, lift up the edge and check for a few black spots, when it is ready put under the grill until the edges are charred slightly, take out, slide off pan and try to wait until it wont burn you mouth before eating.

Let me know if you have any questions
this is the key post on this thread, it's an outrage it has no likes. A number of us have a lot to thank it for.

Been perfecting my Neopolitin pizza for a while now, use a cold ferment (3-4 days in fridge) sourdough base, spread out in a v hot frying pan, topped and then put under the grill. Its the closest you can get to a proper wood oven in a kitchen, outside gets crisp and a bit burnt while the inside is doughy.

pizza1.jpg

pizza2.jpg

pizza3.jpg

Much nicer than any i have had even in restaurants/street food stalls although i have not been to Franca Manca
actually, maybe it's this one. Either way Deiselbar is a total legend

Back
Top Bottom