Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Pizza

That looks pretty good for a supermarket pizza, would definitely eat :)

I'm coming to conclusion that the posh ones are a bit of a waste of money. I mean sure they are better, but that was £1.69 vs a £5+ and just had jalapenos and a tiny bit more cheddar added and there's not much in it.

I'm coming to conclusion that the posh ones are a bit of a waste of money. I mean sure they are better, but that was £1.69 vs a £5+ and just had jalapenos and a tiny bit more cheddar added and there's not much in it.

The problem with buying fresh ones in a supermarket (assuming that the £5+ range would be fresh) is that you're paying a wastage "premium" - due to the short shelf-life of the product there is more likelihood that a % of the stock will end up yellow-stickered or donated/binned, so they tend to be quite high priced. We're coached to think fresh is better, and in many cases it is, but in terms of supermarket pizza there really is a massive difference in price, and not always (necessarily) a massive difference in quality.

Having said that plenty of supermarket pizzas, both fresh and frozen, are really quite nasty and if you want anything decent they are usually in the "high end" branded ranges (I think more because they can and because most supermarket pizzas are minging, rather than due to necessity or costly ingredients) - so finding a good one for a decent price is great :)

Has anyone tried this place? Is it worth it? 😮

View attachment 297951

I always think eating pizza at a restaurant here is never worth the price for what is essentially fancy cheese on toast. At least here. In Italy, sure, last time I was there it didn't seem so ridiculously expensive, and the pizza isn't some cheese-laden grease fest (and most do not contain much if any cheese).

Edit to add: How is focaccia possibly worth £8? It is probably the cheapest thing you could possibly make, and probably one of the easiest. I can crank out 8 generous servings of olive and garlic focaccia for less than £1 total cost.

Last edited:
I always think eating pizza at a restaurant here is never worth the price for what is essentially fancy cheese on toast. At least here. In Italy, sure, last time I was there it didn't seem so ridiculously expensive, and the pizza isn't some cheese-laden grease fest (and most do not contain much if any cheese).

Edit to add: How is focaccia possibly worth £8? It is probably the cheapest thing you could possibly make, and probably one of the easiest. I can crank out 8 generous servings of olive and garlic focaccia for less than £1 total cost.
I've just dropped a fiver in the post to you 👍

Has anyone tried this place? Is it worth it? 😮

View attachment 297951
They're so weird - supposed to be the best pizza in the country, yet old fashioned website with words missing, and graphic design from the 1970s. Yes, I'd love to try it - expensive, but my love of pizza knows no bounds.

(PS if you're ever in Blackpool, go to Stefanis for the most delicious crust! Found it on Sunday, will be going back)

They're so weird - supposed to be the best pizza in the country, yet old fashioned website with words missing, and graphic design from the 1970s. Yes, I'd love to try it - expensive, but my love of pizza knows no bounds.

(PS if you're ever in Blackpool, go to Stefanis for the most delicious crust! Found it on Sunday, will be going back)
Expensive is a slight understatement. They have a branch in Manchester if I remember correctly.

Yesterday I had a Telepizza formaggio, médium, €12 delivered. Mrs D thought there was too much cheese but enjoyed it anyway. We prefer to do our own, but the oven in this place is shit.

5A2537F0-A5CB-4281-9E69-56D2E4E8F1E9.jpeg

I remember one time he came to Stirling to pick up the elder of my two younger sisters and me when we were partying age. She said would he mind if she nipped into Il Viccolo to buy a pizza. So we parked up and she ran in. Several minutes passed.

Dad: “what are they doing in there? Making it from scratch?”

He literally didn’t realise.

Thanks to MickiQ

I can't understand ordering a small pizza for delivery.

Just looked at the Pizza Hut menu (as an example) and a small Pepperoni Feast is £15.99.

For £2 more you can have any XL pizza with a side.
Trouble yourself not on this score Badgers Youngest Q is returning home from Uni this pm and has already texted her mother that she fancies a Pizza tonight. The three of us with be tucking into a Large Mighty Meaty tonight probably with garlic bread to boot.

Back
Top Bottom