Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Pizza

Boss ordered in some pizzas from Pizza Hut yesterday for someone’s birthday. I tried one slice of pepperoni but no more as it was so fucking sweet! When did pumping a pizza full of sugar become a thing? It was absolutely dreadful and it’ll take a decent pizza to erase the memory. 😳

That’s new. Not had a Pizza Hut pizza in some time but last time it was their typical level of “ok, considering”.

Boss ordered in some pizzas from Pizza Hut yesterday for someone’s birthday. I tried one slice of pepperoni but no more as it was so fucking sweet! When did pumping a pizza full of sugar become a thing? It was absolutely dreadful and it’ll take a decent pizza to erase the memory. 😳

That's happened recently (well within the last couple of years) to a lot of cheaper end supermarket pizzas too.

I think because sugar is relatively cheap and they use it to bulk out cheap sauces generally - price of other ingredients goes up, they've increased the proportion of sugar in the recipe - at least that's my theory.

Back
Top Bottom