Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Pizza

Any other Ooni owners here?

Got a Fyra at the beginning of the summer and love it to bits. Was apprehensive about the initial outlay, but it's probably paid for itself as I can create a pizza for a few pence and it's difficult to justify chain or even supermarket chiller prices.

Only problem is operating in the shitty British weather...

I had a white pizza potato topped one somewhere in London, it was nice but very filling. I often find meat free, or at least pizzas not over dominated by meat to be quite satisfying. Less is more I guess

I had a white pizza potato topped one somewhere in London, it was nice but very filling. I often find meat free, or at least pizzas not over dominated by meat to be quite satisfying. Less is more I guess
Pizzas should never have meat on them - veggie pizzas are the perfect pizzas, especially if they are loaded with sweetcorn.

Any other Ooni owners here?

Got a Fyra at the beginning of the summer and love it to bits. Was apprehensive about the initial outlay, but it's probably paid for itself as I can create a pizza for a few pence and it's difficult to justify chain or even supermarket chiller prices.

Only problem is operating in the shitty British weather...
I have a 3, which I fire with softwood heating pellets. Works really well but there’s a lot of skill in getting the pizza cooked but not burned. It’s a tightrope.

My best results come from lower hydration doughs, say 60%. The ooni groups and forums are obsessed with going ever higher with hydrations which just don’t work well in such a high temp oven IMHO.

2B903CFC-7D94-40E5-B066-AF4C5CDE2A3C.jpeg5CE8846A-7C5D-4B20-A0D4-82BE1C500DCF.jpeg609E9266-AC63-4DB4-A321-1FB68A5933C0.jpeg

You've got a massive back garden.
Thats Sweden for you. A country twice the size of U.K. with under 1/6 the population. Houses are big & cheap and have big gardens. We don’t have anything unusually big for the area (155m2 house and 1550m2 garden) and the house was £150k. In the U.K. I’d be in a tiny box flat for the same money. In fact I was, before I moved over here.

Last edited:
I have a 3, which I fire with softwood heating pellets. Works really well but there’s a lot of skill in getting the pizza cooked but not burned. It’s a tightrope.

My best results come from lower hydration doughs, say 60%. The ooni groups and forums are obsessed with going ever higher with hydrations which just don’t work well in such a high temp oven IMHO.

It's like with a charcoal BBQ, the possibility of completely fucking it up remains a constant presence - but the feeling when you get it spot-on is incredibly satisfying.

Back
Top Bottom