Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Piers Morgan rehired by Murdoch for his new TalkTV

He's a troll. Simple as that. A highly confusing man. Wound up the American left, wound up the American right even more and on his return to the UK managed to do the same here. Even his wife can't stand him.

'Please, someone, give him a job!' Plea from Piers Morgan's wife after GMB exit means Piers is always at home. Piers Morgan's wife has said being married to the high-profile presenter is "one very long eye roll" as she begged "anyone" to employ him so that he can get out of the house.

It's almost impressive how days before the channel has even launched, Piers Morgan has managed to make himself appear less honest than Donald Trump.

"Turn the camera off,” Trump says at the close of the video clip as he appears to rise from his chair. "Very dishonest."

But the audio of the end of the interview appears to tell a different story. The two men laughed and thanked each other, the recording shows. There are no signs of Trump's storming off set.

"That was a great interview," Morgan says in the audio at the end.

If this show fails he'll have nobody to blame but himself. Murdoch has spared absolutely no expense on this, including the most high-tech set ever seen, a column in the Sun which is obvs shamelessly self promoting, the cover of the Times magazine etc etc

I don't actually know how to even watch this if i wanted to, is it online only?

The reason it did actually work on GMB was the 'chemistry' between himself and Susanna Reid. It was genuinely entertaining watching her attempt to tolerate him and often just completely overshadowing him in her far classier manner. By himself, I don't think it'll work. It didn't at CNN, I dont think it will here.

Who is going to watch it though?

It will find an audience, but not a massive one, although I expect it'll be 'massive' compared to GB News.

just a shame it won't have the same shamobolic start GB news,

Yeah, GB News provided so much entertainment in their first few months, the endless cocks-up were so bloody funny, but this will be a lot more professional and polished, and somewhat less looney compared to kGB News.

but If starts a feud between the 2 stations all the better

:thumbs:

Reactions: Ax^
It will find an audience, but not a massive one, although I expect it'll be 'massive' compared to GB News.

Yeah, GB News provided so much entertainment in their first few months, the endless cocks-up were so bloody funny, but this will be a lot more professional and polished, and somewhat less looney compared to kGB News.

When Ros Atkins asked him what he would count as 'success' he said 'still being here [ie, at Talk TV] in a year's time. Rupert is ruthless' - or words to that effect.

Eight PM, the nation is watching Coronation Street, due to the idiotic extension of the ITV news.

The Sas household watches Emmerdale, but not CS. Since the news has been extended, we record Emmerdale, and watch it a day later. Of course, recorded, you whizz over through the adverts, so the advertisers are losing out.

I have to admit, cards on the table, I do agree with him a bit on the cancel culture thing. I do think it's got a bit nuts now. A lot of my favourite comics and musicians probably wouldn't make it these days. Which makes for a more boring society.

I have to admit, cards on the table, I do agree with him a bit on the cancel culture thing. I do think it's got a bit nuts now. A lot of my favourite comics and musicians probably wouldn't make it these days. Which makes for a more boring society.

No one can cancel anyone. Let the 'cancel culture' fuckwits get on with it, and continue to read/watch/listen to what you want.

cancel culture is a just another wanky word for wokeness

load of nonsense really after chapelle manage to rejuvenate his career not really sure if it's a thing

Live TV isn't that much of a thing anymore - Corrie is the most popular show on (live) TV even on those figures.

Actually now overtaken by Emmerdale, but these figures do fluctuate.

Thinking of what you have said, live viewing is certainly going down.

Netflix lost 200,000 subscribers, and 35% of their stock price recently, so maybe streaming is also less popular.

I don't stream, I download. About 20Tb on my drives.

I said live viewing figures though.

I know you did, but as you just posted 'Live TV isn't that much of a thing anymore', hence why I quoted the combined figure.

Sadly BARB has hidden more of their data from the public, since a few weeks ago only subscribers can see useful figures such as the weekly top 15 shows per channel, all that is available to the public now is the BARB monthly summary of total reach & share of channels, published around 2 weeks after the month end.

TalkTV's first full month of reporting will be May, so those monthly figures will be out around mid-June, but there will be various articles published in the meantime with 'overnight' and weekly figures quoted.

As the output is combined with TalkRadio, it'll be interesting to see how it impacts on the RAJAR figures, currently they have TalkRadio reaching 542k listeners.

It's almost impressive how days before the channel has even launched, Piers Morgan has managed to make himself appear less honest than Donald Trump.

"Turn the camera off,” Trump says at the close of the video clip as he appears to rise from his chair. "Very dishonest."

But the audio of the end of the interview appears to tell a different story. The two men laughed and thanked each other, the recording shows. There are no signs of Trump's storming off set.

"That was a great interview," Morgan says in the audio at the end.

I thought I would check out Farage on GBN tonight to see what the twat had to say about the other main twat, he's no fan of Johnson, I expected it to be his opening rant.

It wasn't, he started with almost 15 minutes ranting about the more minor twat known as Morgan & TalkTV. :D

just a shame it won't have the same shamobolic start GB news,

but If starts a feud between the 2 stations all the better

Farage has started the war...

1z.gif

...and, Morgan is bound to react. :D

I thought I would check out Farage on GBN tonight to see what the twat had to say about the other main twat, he's no fan of Johnson, I expected it to be his opening rant.

It wasn't, he started with almost 15 minutes ranting about the more minor twat known as Morgan & TalkTV. :D

Farage has started the war...

View attachment 319525

...and, Morgan is bound to react. :D
It's in both their interests to feign a phoney war. Any Twitter spat or he said-he said nonsense will just get them more column inches and publicity.

Back
Top Bottom