Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Photography thread 2021

I was visiting a friend on Cape Cod this weekend, and in her back yard I caught this little fellow on a mission. He ran from his own tree, across the yard, in front of the stairs, up the rose bush, through the hanging vines on the garden wall, and up the pine tree. Grab a little green pine cone, then do the whole journey in reverse. When I first noticed what was going on, my camera was in the bedroom, and I was sure that by the time I went to get it, the scene would be over. But then he did it again. When he started for the third time, I ran to grab the camera, and after I got back he must have done at least another half-dozen or so trips.

...Yes, from me too!
I know that area quite well as I had an aunt and uncle who lived first in Southbourne and then Christchurch but I didn't recognise the view at first.
I love it on Hengistbury Head and down by the beach huts and also across on Mudeford Quay.
It's all lovely isn't it, Christchurch down to Highcliffe, many lovely spots.

I've been looking at buying a decent underwater camera for a while, but unfortunately for a housing for my DSLR they're incredibly expensive. Anyway I was bemoaning this on a dive forum and a chap who has had to stop diving offered to swap my D200 set up (and some money), for a D300/underwater housing and underwater flash set up, I went to test it all out yesterday and agree to the swap.... We were just in a quarry, one I'd never dived before, so the camera owner brought a friend along to show me around and be a model.

NDAC 09 by Sim Simminy, on Flickr

NDAC 05 by Sim Simminy, on Flickr

NDAC 02 by Sim Simminy, on Flickr

NDAC 06 by Sim Simminy, on Flickr

They're not the best photos in the world, but using a DSLR with flash underwater is a very different kettle of fish

In photos: Dulwich Hamlet hold league leaders Ashford Town to 1-1 draw, Sun 17th Oct 2021

Hair! In photos: Dulwich Hamlet Women hold league leaders Ashford Town to 1-1 draw, Sun 17th Oct 2021

Back
Top Bottom