Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Photography thread 2021

I've really struggled to motivate myself this past year; I feel I've taken the kind of photography I do as far as I want, and I want a change, but I'm not sure what to do next.

The best from my two most recent films:

I was wandering around the neighbourhood, and this man asked me to watch him try this trick to give him the motivation to try hard. 35mm Kodak Tri-X.
View attachment 279457

The brewing room at the Pilsner Urquell brewery. 35mm Kodak Tri-X.
View attachment 279458

Beer stored in barrels in the cellars at Pilsner Urquell. The firm still employs eight coopers. 35mm Kodak Tri-X.
View attachment 279459

Prague's main train station. My first time trying Ilford HP5 in medium format.
View attachment 279460

Malá Strana, Prague. Medium format Ilford HP5.
View attachment 279461

Náplavka, Prague. Medium format Ilford HP5.
View attachment 279462

More on Flickr.

Your photos of Prague are beautiful.

Thanks! It's an easy place to take good photos.

You are being modest.

Prague is absolutely beautiful but you have also captured light and atmosphere...

I feel recognised quite a few places in your photos..do you have one near the Ostrich hotel near Charles bridge by any chance?

Basis of a short story. "Oliver settled himself down into his den in the woods, not far from the road. From here he could see everyone driving up to the Big House and everyone driving back. "
Do you think it is a bit creepy that I only posted images where the drivers are visible?

From a walk by the Thames

1627932956683.png

1627932970868.png

1627933000777.png

I'm no landscape photographer; no sense of composition in nature, and no discipline to get up early and be at the right place as the sun rises. I took these on holiday in Austria (somewhere in the mountains between Innsbruck and Schwaz), with a Nikon D700 and ancient 28-105mm zoom, and processed in Darktable. I have no skills when it comes to editing; usually I just click on a film preset (IlfordHP5) and leave it at that, but for these I experimented with changing exposure and highlight/shadow adjustments. Feedback and advice welcome.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

Some non league shots

Tractors, trees and goals - Peckham score four against Otford in deepest Kent - photos

Tractors, trees and goals - Peckham score four against Otford in deepest Kent - photos

Hey - any photographers want a free press pass to the Mighty Hoopla festival in Brockwell park on Saturday in exchange for covering the event for Brixton Buzz?

Some pics taken with the Zhonghy 50mm 0.95 manual focus lens:
Nice.

That lens seems like great value for money, but even so, I don't do enough portrait or indoor photography (like concerts) to justify 800 bucks for such a specialized piece of glass. Also, as far as I can tell, they don't make it for Nikon F mount, only Z.

Depth of field at 0.95 must be almost non-existent.

Nice.

That lens seems like great value for money, but even so, I don't do enough portrait or indoor photography (like concerts) to justify 800 bucks for such a specialized piece of glass. Also, as far as I can tell, they don't make it for Nikon F mount, only Z.

Depth of field at 0.95 must be almost non-existent.
It was only around £300 which I wasn't so bad.

Back
Top Bottom