Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Photography thread 2021

Generally don’t consider my photos good enough for this thread but I do rather enjoy looking back on this pic of the Birmingham Odeon in the lockdown sun. The lone figure walking by just adds to it I think as sunny middle of the day. Should be rammed. Will probably never get this picture again!

CA9A873E-63EE-4E4C-BA50-79EB5F1384C1.jpeg
And the without a person if you don’t like people in pictures.

C5A95131-7690-48B4-AEAD-7512CFB8514A.jpeg

I took this series yesterday between thunderstorms:

South Bank abstract - reflections, puddles and the London Eye

A few images from a ramble around Wakehurst yesterday. The Rhododendrons were spectacular!

Attachments

• Wakehurst Place_-14.jpg
    Wakehurst Place_-14.jpg
    363.6 KB · Views: 19
  • Wakehurst Place_-16.jpg
    Wakehurst Place_-16.jpg
    247.8 KB · Views: 17
  • Wakehurst Place_-18.jpg
    Wakehurst Place_-18.jpg
    228.2 KB · Views: 12
  • Wakehurst Place_-20.jpg
    Wakehurst Place_-20.jpg
    295.6 KB · Views: 10
  • Wakehurst Place_-21.jpg
    Wakehurst Place_-21.jpg
    303.7 KB · Views: 11
  • Wakehurst Place_-9.jpg
    Wakehurst Place_-9.jpg
    439 KB · Views: 17
Design Museum

1623171700471.png

1623171718323.png

I'm so glad I switched back to Olympus. I just seem to get better pictures than with my Sony full frame camera.

Reflections, Oxford St

1623343938408.png

1623343943000.png

1623343950363.png

This thread has been pretty quiet this year. I admit that I haven't taken my camera out very much in the last six months, and it looks like quite a few Urbanites are in the same boat.

Anyway, that changed yesterday. My wife and I, on our regular walks through the state park near our place, noticed that the recent rain and warm weather had led to a bunch of fungus activity, with mushrooms visible from the trails. I decided to take the camera down and spend a few hours looking for mushrooms. When you really bend over and start searching, the variety is pretty incredible. It's a shame there's no scale in the photos that show size, because these mushrooms vary from a few millimeters across to the size of your hand.

I've posted a few here, and there are a bunch more to see in my SmugMug gallery, if you're interested.

I admit that I haven't taken my camera out very much in the last six months, and it looks like quite a few Urbanites are in the same boat.

I've really struggled to motivate myself this past year; I feel I've taken the kind of photography I do as far as I want, and I want a change, but I'm not sure what to do next.

The best from my two most recent films:

I was wandering around the neighbourhood, and this man asked me to watch him try this trick to give him the motivation to try hard. 35mm Kodak Tri-X.
1.jpeg

The brewing room at the Pilsner Urquell brewery. 35mm Kodak Tri-X.
2.jpeg

Beer stored in barrels in the cellars at Pilsner Urquell. The firm still employs eight coopers. 35mm Kodak Tri-X.
3.jpeg

Prague's main train station. My first time trying Ilford HP5 in medium format.
4.JPG

Malá Strana, Prague. Medium format Ilford HP5.
5.JPG

Náplavka, Prague. Medium format Ilford HP5.
6.JPG

More on Flickr.

Back
Top Bottom