Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Pensioner arrested on suspicion of murder after a suspected burglar was stabbed to death.

The bigger picture. A society that has rotteted from within, these people are a product of "Thatcher politics" the must have this or that at any cost mentallity/view, Greed, Deception, intimidation, threats towards elderly and vunrunable (sp). Including not just one burgulrary (I refuse to spell it correctly BTW) but many. So people are upset angry not just at what happened on that one night but the past 40 years or so.
Just my 2 cents
the auld underclass i suppose

this "clan" and hangers on should have it explained to them in small words they are a tiny minority and if they go down the revenge route they will be crushed

From whom? Police don't care and the grieving family are hardly likely to track them down.
I have no idea if its a genuine mark of respect by a family not understanding how others feel or an intimidation technique.
And now neither side can give in.Very sad or Lol worthy depending how horrible a person you are.

I also wonder if those who are putting up the flowers are making sure they’re in the family’s good books, demonstrating their support for the clan as publicly as possible.

The bigger picture. A society that has rotteted from within, these people are a product of "Thatcher politics" the must have this or that at any cost mentallity/view, Greed, Deception, intimidation, threats towards elderly and vunrunable (sp). Including not just one burgulrary (I refuse to spell it correctly BTW) but many. So people are upset angry not just at what happened on that one night but the past 40 years or so.
Just my 2 cents
Well, there's a sort of parallel over things like the gas/electricity market, with companies knowingly targeting old and vulnerable people who have changed suppliers (doorstepping them till they change back). My partner's late Mam ended up changing suppliers about 5 times over about 18 months due to those cunts. The difference between legal and illegal predation is pretty minimal at times. Ditto things like internet advertising that targets people on the basis of, say, their searches around health concerns. Doorstepping the elderly to change leccie suppliers is about an exact parallel with rogue builders who stand outside the house pointing out non-existent problems with the roof. And in terms of those in the electricity companies who authorise that strategy, well, there would be every bit as much poetic justice if they got stabbed as in this case.

Well, there's a sort of parallel over things like the gas/electricity market, with companies knowingly targeting old and vulnerable people who have changed suppliers (doorstepping them till they change back). My partner's late Mam ended up changing suppliers about 5 times over about 18 months due to those cunts. The difference between legal and illegal predation is pretty minimal at times. Ditto things like internet advertising that targets people on the basis of, say, their searches around health concerns. Doorstepping the elderly to change leccie suppliers is about an exact parallel with rogue builders who stand outside the house pointing out non-existent problems with the roof. And in terms of those in the electricity companies who authorise that strategy, well, there would be every bit as much poetic justice if they got stabbed as in this case.

Are you actually being serious or are you trolling? It’s hard to tell on here sometimes.

If the pensioner had been killed and his neighbours had laid floral tributes...this would induce a "moral panic"
Explain...please do?
not what i meant, just meant if travellers had been removing a floral tribute
anyway, i'm clearly on the wrong side of "public opinion" and not putting my points across very well so will leave it to others who are

Are you actually being serious or are you trolling? It’s hard to tell on here sometimes.
Not for one second (except maybe the stabbing bit). It's all predatory behaviour.

Edit: or if you want it spelled out, the pensioner burglary thing in this case started off with a discussion on the burglar and some of his family, that they identified weak and vulnerable victims. Lots of companies do that, in their door knocking, electronic campaigns and in lots of other ways. That's not excusing the burglar/his family's MO, it's condemning them both. Companies as bad as scammers and burglars, burglars as bad as companies. Take your pick.

Last edited:
Meanwhile... whilst cops defend the right of the family to leave tributes, they disappear again overnight. A certain newspaper must be kicking themselves that their photographer had gone for a kebab when the latest caped crusader did a flowerstomp. Oh, and John Bishop has branded the Met a 'disgrace'.

Not for one second (except maybe the stabbing bit). It's all predatory behaviour.

Edit: or if you want it spelled out, the pensioner burglary thing in this case started off with a discussion on the burglar and some of his family, that they identified weak and vulnerable victims. Lots of companies do that, in their door knocking, electronic campaigns and in lots of other ways. That's not excusing the burglar/his family's MO, it's condemning them both. Companies as bad as scammers and burglars, burglars as bad as companies. Take your pick.

I can see a comparison regarding targeting the weak and vulnerable. Some big charities have been accused of this recently too.

However I really can’t see any reasonable comparison between changing electricity supplier or being asked to donate to the Red Cross, and being violently burgled, being walked to your own building society to withdraw 20k in cash to pay for a badly fixed roof tile, or being told the water board need to investigate a leak while the accomplice takes life savings from under the mattress.

It sounds like you’re not just comparing the fact of the targeting, but also the nature what is taken and how that is achieved.

I have had two elderly relatives burgled by gangs specificallly targeting the vulnerable, one of them repeatedly. I can go into details if you like but I can assure you it is nothing like switching from Eon to edf.

Meanwhile... whilst cops defend the right of the family to leave tributes, they disappear again overnight. A certain newspaper must be kicking themselves that their photographer had gone for a kebab when the latest caped crusader did a flowerstomp. Oh, and John Bishop has branded the Met a 'disgrace'.

I don't think he defended them, he was pointing out the basic facts of the situation.

This is what he actually said:

Do people here support the right of the residents not to allow tributes on their street?

Not surprised the Met have said the tributes should be respected.

Whose streets? Our streets the lumpen proles’ and the police’s.

Last edited:

What a load of bollocks.

I can see a comparison regarding targeting the weak and vulnerable. Some big charities have been accused of this recently too.

However I really can’t see any reasonable comparison between changing electricity supplier or being asked to donate to the Red Cross, and being violently burgled, being walked to your own building society to withdraw 20k in cash to pay for a badly fixed roof tile, or being told the water board need to investigate a leak while the accomplice takes life savings from under the mattress.

It sounds like you’re not just comparing the fact of the targeting, but also the nature what is taken and how that is achieved.

I have had two elderly relatives burgled by gangs specificallly targeting the vulnerable, one of them repeatedly. I can go into details if you like but I can assure you it is nothing like switching from Eon to edf.

EXTRA DRY - The bigger picture. A society that has rotteted from within, these people are a product of "Thatcher politics" the must have this or that at any cost mentallity/view, Greed, Deception, intimidation, threats towards elderly and vunrunable (sp). Including not just one burgulrary (I refuse to spell it correctly BTW) but many. So people are upset angry not just at what happened on that one night but the past 40 years or so.
Just my 2 cents
WILF - Well, there's a sort of parallel over things like the gas/electricity market, with companies knowingly targeting old and vulnerable people who have changed suppliers (doorstepping them till they change back). My partner's late Mam ended up changing suppliers about 5 times over about 18 months due to those cunts. The difference between legal and illegal predation is pretty minimal at times. Ditto things like internet advertising that targets people on the basis of, say, their searches around health concerns. Doorstepping the elderly to change leccie suppliers is about an exact parallel with rogue builders who stand outside the house pointing out non-existent problems with the roof. And in terms of those in the electricity companies who authorise that strategy, well, there would be every bit as much poetic justice if they got stabbed as in this case.
If you read back, my post and the one I was responding to, you'll see I wasn't talking about the specific things done by the burglar and his family or other cases where extreme pressure/threat has been put on the vulnerable. I was responding to Extra Dry's idea of thinking about predation of the vulnerable in the context of 40 years of neo-liberalism. Yes, obviously, I'd rather one of my relatives was scammed (multiple times as it happens) by a power supplier than someone physically threatening her. But that wasn't what I was on about - I was agreeing that there is a parallel in terms of targeting the vulnerable - online/in person, legally/illegally.

If you read back, my post and the one I was responding to, you'll see I wasn't talking about the specific things done by the burglar and his family or other cases where extreme pressure/threat has been put on the vulnerable. I was responding to Extra Dry's idea of thinking about predation of the vulnerable in the context of 40 years of neo-liberalism. Yes, obviously, I'd rather one of my relatives was scammed (multiple times as it happens) by a power supplier than someone physically threatening her. But that wasn't what I was on about - I was agreeing that there is a parallel in terms of targeting the vulnerable - online/in person, legally/illegally.

Oh you were talking about neoliberalism. My mistake. I thought when you said the following you were talking about burglars:

Companies as bad as scammers and burglars, burglars as bad as companies. Take your pick.

Oh you were talking about neoliberalism. My mistake. I thought when you said the following you were talking about burglars:
Yes, in my exchange with extra dry I was talking about neo-liberalism, which was the point you piped up. Then, the bit you quote, I was comparing scammers, burglars and neo-liberal business practices. Anything else I can help you with? Oh and fuck off again for that lumpen proles comment.

Yes, in my exchange with extra dry I was talking about neo-liberalism, which was the point you piped up. Then, the bit you quote, I was comparing scammers, burglars and neo-liberal business practices. Anything else I can help you with? Oh and fuck off again for that lumpen proles comment.

Are you suggesting the burglars aren’t lumpen? Fine upstanding workers are they?

Not much point in arguing with someone who places burglars on the same level as power companies though, but whatever.

Because they are knowingly and deliberately sticking up two fingers to the general public.

Thats a bit much. He/they might be arseholes but grief is still grief (a thoroughly shitty experience) and one in my expreince personal hurt swamps giving a shit about the public

Back
Top Bottom