Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Peckham Town FC - news and discussion

Ha ha. No, his view was certainly not obstructed, as he was behind play at an angle with me. He stared at me blankly when I politely enquired as to why he could not see it?!

FšŸ¤¬k! Itā€™s one of those days. On a par with the one own ref at Tooting Bec somehow managed to miss. Then again given heā€˜s often partaken of ā€œherbal remediesā€ whilst officiating surprised he managed to spot anything!

Ha ha. No, his view was certainly not obstructed, as he was behind play at an angle with me. He stared at me blankly when I politely enquired as to why he could not see it?!

Itā€™s still nowhere near as bad as the one away at the start of the season. Chipstead?

It couldn't have been more of a handball if someone had thrown him a couple of tangerines and he proceeded to do a juggling showcase with all three objects.

Very cold, frequently exasperating, but still lots of fun. Itā€™s depressing to think thereā€™s only five or so more of those until mid July.

You can always jump on the Womenā€™s League Cup bandwagon. Weā€™ve got our first group match next Saturday and should we win that thereā€™s a great chance weā€™re in the semifinals.

Disappointing result on Saturday for Peckham. Ide Hill were not a good side but looked like they wanted it more than Peckham who have dropped in quality from the few games I watched last season.

Club must be generating a decent income from attendances. Hopefully they can invest it to push up to the next level and attract some new players.

Disappointing result on Saturday for Peckham. Ide Hill were not a good side but looked like they wanted it more than Peckham who have dropped in quality from the few games I watched last season.

Club must be generating a decent income from attendances. Hopefully they can invest it to push up to the next level and attract some new players.
I just think it was the loss of Carrick and Ben at centre back. All three goals owed something to lack of pace / partnership at centre back imo. As you say Ide Hill were limited. Organised defensively and hit on the break or from long throws. They got lucky / Peckham made mistakes at key times.

The Menace Feminista are in action tomorrow afternoon at Tooting Bec, taking on LFA Hotshots in the LWSFL Cup. Win this game and we are guaranteed a place in the semifinal of the competition. The game kicks off at 12 noon which allows fans plenty of time to get to the Menace Arena for the menā€™s team against Hawkinge kicking off at 2:45pm

Fr
The Menace Feminista are in action tomorrow afternoon at Tooting Bec, taking on LFA Hotshots in the LWSFL Cup. Win this game and we are guaranteed a place in the semifinal of the competition. The game kicks off at 12 noon which allows fans plenty of time to get to the Menace Arena for the menā€™s team against Hawkinge kicking off at 2:45pm
Frustrating afternoon for us. Took the lead very early and looked to be in control of the game but found ourselves put out of our stride by opponents who harried and harassed us all afternoon. Add to that an assistant referee whoā€™s flagging for offside every time we broke through reached such a stage the referee just decided to ignore them as best she could. Our opponents equalised with an exceptional goal that flew past me into the top corner but to be fair it was the only shot of note they managed in 90 minutes. We had plenty of opportunities to put the game to bed after the break but finishing was wayward, defending was dogged and the keeper had certainty her best game of the season. Taking positives from the result though which means we must avoid defeat next Saturday against Lambeth All Stars to make the semifinals. All support much appreciated.

Frustrating too for the mens first XI. Reduced to ten early in the first half they deservedly went 1-0 and 2-1 up only to see Hawkinge snatch an equaliser in about the tenth minute of added time (for which there was no need).

Frustrating too for the mens first XI. Reduced to ten early in the first half they deservedly went 1-0 and 2-1 up only to see Hawkinge snatch an equaliser in about the tenth minute of added time (for which there was no need).
Supremely frustrating end to the afternoon.
But who was the mystery man in the Fox mascot outfit? šŸ¤£

Fr

Frustrating afternoon for us. Took the lead very early and looked to be in control of the game but found ourselves put out of our stride by opponents who harried and harassed us all afternoon. Add to that an assistant referee whoā€™s flagging for offside every time we broke through reached such a stage the referee just decided to ignore them as best she could. Our opponents equalised with an exceptional goal that flew past me into the top corner but to be fair it was the only shot of note they managed in 90 minutes. We had plenty of opportunities to put the game to bed after the break but finishing was wayward, defending was dogged and the keeper had certainty her best game of the season. Taking positives from the result though which means we must avoid defeat next Saturday against Lambeth All Stars to make the semifinals. All support much appreciated.
Going to have wait another week to see if we can get through to the League Cup semifinals. The weather has meant that the pitches at Tooting Bec are waterlogged and tomorrowā€™s game against Lambeth All Stars will now be played on Saturday 18th March, kick off 10am

Going to have wait another week to see if we can get through to the League Cup semifinals. The weather has meant that the pitches at Tooting Bec are waterlogged and tomorrowā€™s game against Lambeth All Stars will now be played on Saturday 18th March, kick off 10am
A little reminder here. Saturday morning Peckham Town women have a second chance to reach the semifinals of the LWSFL Cup when they take on Lambeth All Stars at Tooting Bec. Avoid defeat and we are guaranteed that spot in the last four of the competition against either Croydon WFC or Queerspace. Kick off is at 12 noon and weā€™d love to have your support for what is definitely the biggest game for this current incarnation of The Menace Feminista. Plenty of time to get back to the Menace Arena in time for the Fleetdown match too.

A little reminder here. Saturday morning Peckham Town women have a second chance to reach the semifinals of the LWSFL Cup when they take on Lambeth All Stars at Tooting Bec. Avoid defeat and we are guaranteed that spot in the last four of the competition against either Croydon WFC or Queerspace. Kick off is at 12 noon and weā€™d love to have your support for what is definitely the biggest game for this current incarnation of The Menace Feminista. Plenty of time to get back to the Menace Arena in time for the Fleetdown match too.
Whatā€™s the reason the games are at Tooting rather than closer, say over the road from the Menace Arena?
Itā€™s plenty of time for normal people to cover that distance, but itā€™s not for those dragging two small children alongā€¦!

Whatā€™s the reason the games are at Tooting rather than closer, say over the road from the Menace Arena?
Itā€™s plenty of time for normal people to cover that distance, but itā€™s not for those dragging two small children alongā€¦!
The menā€™s reserve team usually have first call on that pitch but at the current time the league (outside the womenā€™s pyramid) we play in is based at Tooting Bec (previously Clapham Common) with all games being played there. Pre pandemic the team played in the Greater London Women's Football League and were Division 3 South Champions in 2018 but Iā€™m not sure what happened for the team to disappear. We reformed in 2021 and are continuing to improve. The dream is of course to get back into the pyramid but there are factors that may be beyond the control of players.

The menā€™s reserve team usually have first call on that pitch but at the current time the league (outside the womenā€™s pyramid) we play in is based at Tooting Bec (previously Clapham Common) with all games being played there. Pre pandemic the team played in the Greater London Women's Football League and were Division 3 South Champions in 2018 but Iā€™m not sure what happened for the team to disappear. We reformed in 2021 and are continuing to improve. The dream is of course to get back into the pyramid but there are factors that may be beyond the control of players.
Ah understood. Thanks for that.

Ah understood. Thanks for that.
Personally Iā€™d like to be still part of the team when we return to the womenā€™s pyramid. Iā€™ve been told by many of teammates (and quite a few opponents who tried to poach me) that Iā€™m not going to be allowed to retire so thereā€™s plenty of years to get there.

Personally Iā€™d like to be still part of the team when we return to the womenā€™s pyramid. Iā€™ve been told by many of teammates (and quite a few opponents who tried to poach me) that Iā€™m not going to be allowed to retire so thereā€™s plenty of years to get there.

You are a goalkeeper right?

Did you play in goal at school or out on the pitch or not at all?

Are you a shot stopper? Or are you good with your feet? Or both?

You are a goalkeeper right?

Did you play in goal at school or out on the pitch or not at all?

Are you a shot stopper? Or are you good with your feet? Or both?
I played in goal at school. I played in goal for the supporters team quite a few times though we had Matt ahead of me. The last time I played properly for the supporters team was more than ten years ago when a ā€œlegendsā€ team drew with Queenā€™s Park. I never really thought about playing in goal again but had a decent game playing for TRUK as no other keepers were available. Now that Iā€™m fitter physically and stronger mentally as well as getting coached regularly the dormant potential has come out. Since I switched off the fear switch in my life, I can switch that off on the pitch too. Any good goalkeeper is a shot stopper but the position calls for so much more these days. That I can do what I do is testament to great coaches at both Goal Diggers and Peckham. At the recent FIFA 23 launch one of my coaches told someone I had the best reactions sheā€™d seen in any keeper sheā€™d coached which was quite a compliment. Even had approaches from clubs playing at Dulwich Reserves level but turned them down. The clubs I play for have supported and helped me in so many ways Iā€™d never want to let them down.

Last edited:

There's no reserve team this year. I think with the Clapham league then all matches home and away must be played on the pitches they rent, which are now at Tooting, rather than Clapham. I guess we could explore with the league, opposition and officials whether we could have a match at Pynners to coincide with a men's team match in April?

I played in goal at school. I played in goal for the supporters team quite a few times though we had Matt ahead of me. The last time I played properly for the supporters team was more than ten years ago when a ā€œlegendsā€ team drew with Queenā€™s Park. I never really thought about playing in goal again but had a decent game playing for TRUK as no other keepers were available. Now that Iā€™m fitter physically and stronger mentally as well as getting coached regularly the dormant potential has come out. Since I switched off the fear switch in my life, I can switch that off on the pitch too. Any good goalkeeper is a shot stopper but the position calls for so much more these days. That I can do what I do is testament to great coaches at both Goal Diggers and Peckham. At the recent FIFA 23 launch one of my coaches told someone I had the best reactions sheā€™d seen in any keeper sheā€™d coached which was quite a compliment. Even had approaches from clubs playing at Dulwich Reserves level but turned them down. The clubs I play for have supported and helped me in so many ways Iā€™d never want to let them down.

Amin good too.

There's no reserve team this year. I think with the Clapham league then all matches home and away must be played on the pitches they rent, which are now at Tooting, rather than Clapham. I guess we could explore with the league, opposition and officials whether we could have a match at Pynners to coincide with a men's team match in April?
No reserve team? So is there another menā€™s team that uses Pynners Close?

I guess we could explore with the league, opposition and officials whether we could have a match at Pynners to coincide with a men's team match in April?
Youā€™d have to move fast then as the only two games left in our league are the League Cup semifinal and final scheduled for 25th March and 1st April. That said Iā€™m sure weā€™d be up for a friendly at some point in the future, maybe even one against a Dulwich Hamlet team. Champions of Southwark weekend in pre season perhaps?

Back
Top Bottom