Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Olympics 2024 - General Discussion

On a wider point, watching some sports eg swimming, tennis, canoeing, I have done all of these at a messing around in the park level. As in I know how to do them, having done them at some point.

Running and rugby I have in the past done at an amateur standard which, while nothing special, I am personally proud of and I have some technical knowledge of.

But there’s some sports I literally cannot imagine doing, the athletes seem to have some otherworldly abilities. Gymnastics is probably the biggest example of this!

Andy fucking Murray (and Dan Evans).

Earlier in the match, I did say "we know his MO, he likes to climb mountains", but that was fucking ridiculous. Was it seven points in a row?? From five match points down??

He also looked like he was having a lot of fun at the end. Normally after those kind of performances he's all angry defiance, but he genuinely looked almost gleeful :D

Delighted for Murray and Evans, shithousing their way to the next round in fine style :D

Just watched Leon Marchand destroy the field in the 400m medley :eek: A proper human dolphin.

I think it’s fair enough for sports that have been Olympic events since 1896 to maintain their place in the games.

Lol at the BBC spending hours, loads of soppy VTs, and thousands of pounds bigging up Peaty and even somehow conniving to ship Princess Anne in to crown him and then he gets beaten

Sports like tennis and football get plenty of coverage anyway. And there's other competitions that are seen as more prestigious. The Olympics should be the peak for competitors but I'd guess most footballers would prefer to win the World Cup than olympic gold

Back
Top Bottom