Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Olympics 2024 - General Discussion

The problem for the beeb is trying to guess where the brits may get a medal and how to fit that in around the other sports that need catching up on. I dot think Henderson was a likely medal winner, so that didnt get shown live.

Also anyone following on the sport website latest news might know what’s happened before it’s shown on bbc

Eg the 7s semis are over already but being shown now on bbc

Also anyone following on the sport website latest news might know what’s happened before it’s shown on bbc

Eg the 7s semis are over already but being shown now on bbc
Have they already shown the France v SA game then?

Eta, dont want to look at website in case i see result of Fiji v Oz.

Should be a cracker tonight around 1845 the gold medal match I think

The Fiji demolition of team GB in 2016 is o one of the most complete sporting performance I’ve seen. This years team are not in the same league but should have enough to beat France

Should be a cracker tonight around 1845 the gold medal match I think

The Fiji demolition of team GB in 2016 is o one of the most complete sporting performance I’ve seen. This years team are not in the same league but should have enough to beat France
I can see Fiji winning

Women's and men's time trial cycling.

Grace Brown won the women's race by so much she could have entered the race before.

Filthy conditions though. Quite a few riders went down on corners

I think that swimming is a bit shit for three reasons.

1. The best people in the world at swimming are swimming, and yet people walking back from the concession stand along the side of the pool are walking quicker.

2. There are far too many events meaning it’s easier to pick up millions of medals in a way that isn’t possible in track and field.

3. These are the best swimmers in the world, and they still need lifeguards on the side.

Yes, I watched the bronze match on Eurosport then at the end of the match, went back to bbc and it was 10 mins behind

Yes, I watched the bronze match on Eurosport then at the end of the match, went back to bbc and it was 10 mins behind
I kinda get it, they do have to show things on delay, but then at the very least don't announce it on the live feed until you've actually broadcast the fucking result! They're literally on the same page!

I think someone else mentioned it upthread, or elsewhere, but I’ve just discovered three extra channels on Eurosport. Watching Israel v Paraguay in men’s footie at the mo. Up the ‘guay

Just watched a bit of fencing, always impressive. Very sporting post match in the men's sabre (? Chinese comms) bronze match too, which i always like to see.

Adrian Moorhouse commentating on the swimming. My friend worked for him (he’s got a sort of management development company called lane 4 - after the lane he won his gold medal in) but I remember him from an 80s children’s radio 4 show called Cats Whiskers

Gold for Hong Kong in the foil, superb from Vivian Kong, fell behind six points to her French opponent from the off but turned it round to win on the sudden death added time.
ETA looking it up, think it's epee

Gold for Hong Kong in the foil, superb from Vivian Kong, fell behind six points to her French opponent from the off but turned it round to win on the sudden death added time.
ETA looking it up, think it's epee

I'm watching it now :mad:

I'm surprised they compete as Hong Kong China. I'd thought China wouldn't want any distinction with the mainland team

NBC is showing men's gymnastics, the US contingent. they zeroed in on one guy's parents in the stands and, i kid you not, have a heart monitor on the guy's mother. (142 bpm) i ... i ... what ...

NBC is showing men's gymnastics, the US contingent. they zeroed in on one guy's parents in the stands and, i kid you not, have a heart monitor on the guy's mother. (142 bpm) i ... i ... what ...

What's the gymnast's mother got to do with it? Or her heartbeat. That is weird,

Back
Top Bottom