Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Olympics 2024 - General Discussion

Watched a mens' (GBR) and womens' (NL) hockey matches, both really entertaining. I can never believe the speed and accuracy with which they hit and control the ball. GBR playing today in the 12:00 BBC episode.

I do find the BBC Olympics website really difficult to negotiate. I'd like to watch the sevens final but can't find it :mad:

Watched a mens' (GBR) and womens' (NL) hockey matches, both really entertaining. I can never believe the speed and accuracy with which they hit and control the ball. GBR playing today in the 12:00 BBC episode.

I do find the BBC Olympics website really difficult to negotiate. I'd like to watch the sevens final but can't find it :mad:
Can you watch the iplayer coverage from last night, it started around 1845?

Can you watch the iplayer coverage from last night, it started around 1845?
:facepalm: yes I could have thought of that really, ta :)

watched the 3rd place game too - lovely finish to that with him giving the ball to his mate over the try line.

The Korean Women's Archery team just completed 40 36 years of golds, with their tenth gold medal in a row :eek:

That has to be up there with the most dominant nation in a sport in Olympic history?

edit: Hazel led me astray, realised it's only 36 years, since 1988. But that is since the event started appearing at the Games :eek:

1722182003177.png

Watching gymnastics if they mention Snooo Dogg is in the audience one more time I’m going to have to have a drink of gin and juice

last night the camera spent as much time with spike lee as with some of the gymnasts

Ok, Daft Punk have made it to Paris 2024 in some capacity - one of their tracks from Tron Legacy is currently playing at Invalides during a break in the Archery :D
Music Sounds Better With You was in the opening ceremony, although that's Bangalter with Alan Braxe, rather than DP.

I can only presume DP refused permission for their tracks, because Harder Better Faster Stronger could barely be more Olympian.

Judo just looks like two kids fighting in a playground, both there only because they've been goaded by their mates to provide some after school entertainment.

Judo just looks like two kids fighting in a playground, both there only because they've been goaded by their mates to provide some after school entertainment.

It’s a dormitory, not a playground, which is why they are grabbing clumsily at dressing gowns.

Back
Top Bottom