Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Next gen Xbox: rumours, speculations, wild pipe dreams!

It's a deliberate scare image, but the technical facts are true. The camera will be watching all the time while plugged into power, even if the console is off. The "continuous recording for targeted advertising" stuff is conjecture and exageration.

So micro soft have not filed for a patent?

So micro soft have not filed for a patent?
yes, they have, but companies file patents for 100x as much crap as they actually do. Until they actually say they're going to do this thing, it's safer to assume that they won't.

Anyway, the Xbox One sucks for purely technical reasons. Get a PS4 or a gaming PC.

Remember them little round stickers you get from stationers?

One on the camera. One on the mic. Sorted.

Nah, just put it on an extension and point it at a dressmaker's dummy in the shed.

Anyway, the Xbox One sucks for purely technical reasons. Get a PS4 or a gaming PC.

Ha. Sorry, I wasn't looking to buy one. Just interested in the picture. Last thing I got was a wii and I never played it. I stopped properly playing games with the N64.

It's a deliberate scare image, but the technical facts are true. The camera will be watching all the time while plugged into power, even if the console is off. The "continuous recording for targeted advertising" stuff is conjecture and exageration.

I've had people tell me they put blu tac on their laptops webcams for when their kids use it because 'Pedo's can hack the computers and see your kids'. No joke. Because this happens ALL THE TIME,

I've had people tell me they put blu tac on their laptops webcams for when their kids use it because 'Pedo's can hack the computers and see your kids'. No joke. Because this happens ALL THE TIME,

If it can happen at all, then it's not ridiculous.

If it can happen at all, then it's not ridiculous.

Oh come on it's a fucking Daily Mail wankof, nothing like this is anywhere near likely to happen. If it was it would have happened years ago. It's bullshit scaremongering. You'll be telling that we should be talking noncesense next...:D

Apparently, this is doing the rounds on Facebook. Microsoft certainly have an image problem to overcome with the XBone.

image.jpg

Oh come on it's a fucking Daily Mail wankof, nothing like this is anywhere near likely to happen. If it was it would have happened years ago. It's bullshit scaremongering. You'll be telling that we should be talking noncesense next...:D
Remote hacking of laptop webcams is well-documented. Some people have been prosecuted for it. There are forums dedicated to it. The danger is not imagined.

Haha, just read the thing about only being able to register it with somebody else if they've been on your friends list for 30 days. Is it going to tell me "my house, my rules" too? Maybe demand I'm back home by midnight?

You're a fucking games console, not my parents. :D

http://www.engadget.com/2013/06/06/xbox-one-used-games-always-online/

"Microsoft does not charge a platform fee to retailers, publishers, or consumers for enabling transfer of these games," a Q&A regarding Xbox One licensing fees reads. "We designed Xbox One so game publishers can enable you to trade in your games at participating retailers."
Not sure if that's good or not, basically MS supporting DRM so publishers like EA can screw consumers a bit more...

http://news.xbox.com/2013/06/main

tit bits:

No renting, no loaning. No private sales (unless selling to someone who has been on your friends list for 30 days)

Console Checks in Every 24 hours

Trade-ins are up to the publisher and only at participating retailers

You can give a game to a friend only if they have been on your friends list for 30 days, and then it is stuck with them.

Up to 10 family members can play your games from any console at any time

Wow. Is anyone going to buy this thing?
Are they testing the market? Seeing if people are up for 'not quite owning' what they pay for?

I keep all my games so not worried about trade in's etc.

where it will fuck me over is, like now i buy games, play them then loan them to my brother to play then get them back.... they wont work on my consloe then....

You know guys, it has this wonderful thing called a power plug. So you can always unplug it or switch it off at the wall.

OTOH you could deliberately leave it on as a home security device - as long as it records to a non-local device.

I dont care that it will record or watch me all day, might turn the kniect around when having man time tho :D

VxSS2jg.png

Wow. Is anyone going to buy this thing?
Are they testing the market? Seeing if people are up for 'not quite owning' what they pay for?

To be fair people have been "not quite owning" things for ages. Look at Itunes and Steam.

But yes, I don't like it when people want me to give them money so they can treat me like a twat.

To be fair people have been "not quite owning" things for ages. Look at Itunes and Steam.

But yes, I don't like it when people want me to give them money so they can treat me like a twat.

. . . but with iTunes there is an alternative. You can buy the record.
Also do you not just store the MP3s you buy from itunes on your computer to do with as you will?
Sharing just becomes a legal matter, like old school home taping.

. . . but with iTunes there is an alternative. You can buy the record.
Also do you not just store the MP3s you buy from itunes on your computer to do with as you will?
Sharing just becomes a legal matter, like old school home taping.

I don't use itunes but aren't you just buying a licence? And from my very brief experience with it I remember trying to transfer my wife's music collection to her new ipod and it was a complete nightmare cos they thought you were nicking it. There was all sorts of DRM. Can you really store the mp3s anywhere? Maybe I was just being daft.

If Steam went bust then I think I wouldn't be able to use any of the games. I certainly wouldn't be able to download any of them I've paid for but not downloaded. I don't have a physical copy of any of them.

Maybe Microsoft need to look at why loads of people don't seem to mind this about Steam...

I don't use itunes but aren't you just buying a licence? And from my very brief experience with it I remember trying to transfer my wife's music collection to her new ipod and it was a complete nightmare cos they thought you were nicking it. There was all sorts of DRM. Can you really store the mp3s anywhere? Maybe I was just being daft..

I have never had a problem moving my MP3s on my itunes to other MP3 players. A long time back I had a shuffle. Even using the itunes interface only it didn't think I was nicking stuff (though I seem to remember something about my mac being in-sync or something?).
Maybe you have to take the MP3s out the back door first (from the folders). That's the way I have to do it because I don't have a ipod of any kind.
I don't use itunes anymore anyway. It's annoying.

Back
Top Bottom