Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Next gen Xbox: rumours, speculations, wild pipe dreams!

Heh was just saying something about that on the other thread...not seeing any love for XO at all...

The PS4 thread has six pages. This one has 10. PS4 thread is light hearted and a bit of a piss take at he limited launch a couple of months back. This one is all like "F U M$!".

They already know they are fucked. Just how long it takes to sink in is another matter. I cannot see any of the privacy and DRM concerns being addressed by MS any time soon. The damage is done!

If they stick with the DRM, they would have to pay me to own one and even then with a generous sum of money.

In some ways I hope Microsoft fail miserably because they deserve to. I felt they undeservedly got away with the persistent early hardware failures of the XBOX 360 (which affected me, twice) and their arrogance with Windows 8 has only been surpassed by this debacle.

The PS4 thread has six pages. This one has 10. PS4 thread is light hearted and a bit of a piss take at he limited launch a couple of months back. This one is all like "F U M$!".

They already know they are fucked. Just how long it takes to sink in is another matter. I cannot see any of the privacy and DRM concerns being addressed by MS any time soon. The damage is done!

Been looking around elsewhere and its a little crazy just how royally they've fucked up!

The NSA + Xbox One + Kinect =

1984-movie-bb2_a.jpg

Good piece.

3ut5il.jpg

This is Microsoft’s stance and the company doesn’t care if you complain. That message came through loud and clear during the company’s E3 press conference. Take it or leave it. Microsoft doesn’t care. They know they’ll sell millions of boxes and a group of vociferous web trolls won’t change that – or will they?

Hey, they did a lot of testing and a lot of consumer research. Can't argue with that, eh?
They might still be right. If they get some really good games out or Sony fucks up then they could get enough of the market share to do well. If they do well then the games publishers will prefer Xbox for the same reasons that most users hate it and if they start getting the better titles first then that's another problem.

Of course as one of those links states, they're still being dicks.

That's a lot of ifs. And it seems to rely on Sony not having learnt from their PS3 mistakes, which is not looking likely right now.

its a very clever and sneaky ploy, im sure they want DRm just like M$ but by saying its down to the publishers they will look like the good guys

Harder for publishers to go it alone, though, when others are not.
That's only in the case where everyone else abandons the XBox for the PS4, which may happen for some but i doubt many of the big houses will do that. Too much market share to lose. The XBox will, as long as the numbers of sales are roughly comparable, be more attractive to the publishing houses. Of course if the numbers are dreamcast bad then all bets are off.

Hmmm I want to believe that. But not sure...think with MS giving publishers what they want some may just feel cocky enough to push it while Sony sits back and says 'It aint us guv' on the whole thing...

Depends on whether lack of DRM becomes a major selling point for Sony.

Lots of ins, lots of outs to this case.

Back
Top Bottom