Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Next gen Xbox: rumours, speculations, wild pipe dreams!

Seeing as we have a PS4 vaporware thread how about an Xbox 720 or whatever the hell it'll end up being called to speculate on?

What would you like to see in terms of specs, functionality? Should MS dump discs and go with download only or even more radical go the Spotify/Netflix route and charge a flat fee for all you can play gaming?

My main hope is they don't do anything stupid like Nintendo and the controller doesn't have a screen!

Considered me impressed.

Took them 7 years, Microsoft just did both with the XBox Series S and their game pass.

game pass, if i understand it , means you get the console and the games for the sub.. if this is right , could be a game changer

If that is true, would be stiff competition for Sony. They need to do something because they lost badly last time. I've been assuming I'm getting a PS5 and a TV to go with it.

The current one seems very good value if you play a lot of games. The kids I work with are all on it and seem to pay very little for loads of content.

The S is an intresting move as well, very low priced for a next gen consol. I wonder if ultimately maintaining compatibility with will hinder development.

It shouldn't. As I understand it, it's got the same GPU. It'll be rendering 4x less pixels than the series S, 1440p versus 4K. Lots of nice stuff in here:

Really can’t work out if that’s a good deal or not. Probably not at launch. But later down the line maybe.

A lot of good titles have left game pass recently and been replaced by utter trash.

I see the price of the pc version is finally increasing also.

Its £700 for the 2 years, so 100 quid a year for the pass.

If they have a decent line up for the pass, potentially, esp if you go pro gamer on the offerings.

I think for parents who have spoilt kids who will want it it’s certainly an affordable way of getting hands on one for Christmas without having to go via shitty bright house type deals (making a massive assumption people aren’t credit checked but I suppose they probably will be)

Just don’t see game pass being sufficient enough to meet their needs though so no doubt still be paying £50 here and there for fifa/cod and all the other crap kids have to play the moment it comes out.

I think for parents who have spoilt kids who will want it it’s certainly an affordable way of getting hands on one for Christmas without having to go via shitty bright house type deals (making a massive assumption people aren’t credit checked but I suppose they probably will be)

Just don’t see game pass being sufficient enough to meet their needs though so no doubt still be paying £50 here and there for fifa/cod and all the other crap kids have to play the moment it comes out.

I don't play enough games to make it worth it, but in its current offering it seems very good value. As I mentioned the kids I'm working with are all on it and they are playing loads of different stuff. I know it's a few years old now, but was suprised to see stuff like Red Dead on there. They certainly think it's good value.

I don't play enough games to make it worth it, but in its current offering it seems very good value. As I mentioned the kids I'm working with are all on it and they are playing loads of different stuff. I know it's a few years old now, but was suprised to see stuff like Red Dead on there. They certainly think it's good value.

Pretty sure red dead has already left. Didn’t last in it very long and that’s half the problem with it. I get developers won’t want to keep titles on it long term but when a game like that is only on it for several months when it probably takes much longer than that to finish it properly. Then why bother putting it on there in the first place.

So many older triple a type titles have left recently and been replaced by utter tripe.

I couldn’t ever see my investing in game pass for such a prolonged amount of time. And those savvy enough will look for good deals via e codes from digital outlets rather than sub to Microsoft directly.

If they are taking off the decent titles too regularly, its more like an expensive demo subscription.

Nothing to sway me from the PS5 right now, if that is the case, Microsoft lost this battle with the Xbox one. I can always get an XX second hand in 18 months time if there is a compelling reason to own one.

Discs guarantee cheap games for the patient.

I got some free months of Xbox ultimate game pass but apparently I need a controller to play anything on my tablet and no idea when that turns up.

Back
Top Bottom