Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Next gen Xbox: rumours, speculations, wild pipe dreams!

Happy xbone day! Mines here first thing in the am

WE GOT ONE!

224298-vlcsnap_2010_05_28_02h02m30s82.jpg

So Urban 75 has an Xbox One owner. Looking forward to hearing your views on the machine.

I have a question, how loud or quiet is it compared to your other consoles. This is a big thing for me.

I don't get it. :confused:

Sorry my post wasn't clear..I meant that folk had pre-ordered a xbox one paying £20 which guaranteed they could get one and pay the balance on launch day. But quite a few folk were selling their receipts on ebay and some were selling in the region of £80-100.

Postie has just been here.

anyone got the E100 error yet as been reported when trying to update ?

( yes E100 means you have to get it shipped back for repair.... )

its preciseley why im not getting either console until the teething problems are over, but dont get me wrong im not bitter, hope you all have a great time with them :)

( someone on the desk next to me is waiting for amazon to turn up with his xbone, so unless i go home sick, il at least get a look and lil play with one )

Sorry my post wasn't clear..I meant that folk had pre-ordered a xbox one paying £20 which guaranteed they could get one and pay the balance on launch day. But quite a few folk were selling their receipts on ebay and some were selling in the region of £80-100.

Postie has just been here.

Ah right, I thought they were just selling the receipt for 80 quid. Which would be mental.

well i played Ghost on the 360 this morning, and now im playing it on the Xbone... and im impressed how much better it looks :D

£429 better? :D

Cheaper then a new CPU/GPU/MB/RAM upgrade for a PC and more to the point it's not going to be long till new releases don't hit the older generation.

After a lifelong love of PCs I'm tempted by one of the next gen when they've slipped in price recently, can't be arsed playing the upgrade game anymore, although more tempted by a PS4, despite prefere the pads on the xbox.

Cheaper then a new CPU/GPU/MB/RAM upgrade for a PC and more to the point it's not going to be long till new releases don't hit the older generation.

After a lifelong love of PCs I'm tempted by one of the next gen when they've slipped in price recently, can't be arsed playing the upgrade game anymore, although more tempted by a PS4, despite prefere the pads on the xbox.

Most people I know in the US who moved from Xbox to the PS4 say the Dualshock 4 is a joy to use. Seems to be the opinion of a few youtubers as well.

ok, well here we go

At the moment it's a step up from the 360, i played Ghost on the 360 before i stuck it on the Boner just to get an idea of how good it was, and yes it looked way better, the cars coming at me and the roads and the water effects all looked way better. Online it was nicer, clear and sharp. Games wise it lacks anything that i dont have already other than that Ryse or whatever it's called, and been told it's shit so don't bother... and Dead Rising 3 has been panned.

So i got COD, BF4 (looks awesome also) Fifa 14 (It's football not sure it can look any better) Forza, which looks mint.

Howver, i spent all night Saturday playing COD on the 360 becuase all my mates have that.

So yeah, good at the moment, better one eveyone has one and they make some games just for it.

not always if you go second hand: I got a uber machine recently with a HD6990 for less than than a Xbone, and the games are so much cheaper, especially a bit later on.

I literally don't know anyone who's getting one. A few long term PS owners (the types who only buy Sony and have had their consoles right back to PSOne) have basically got the "Welcome home" smug attitude going on...:D

Got one, it's a great console but fundamentally broken. One of the selling points is the TV feature but it doesn't work with the UK signal.....something to do with frequency. Anyway if the TV feature is a reason for you to buy it then don't...

Got one, it's a great console but fundamentally broken. One of the selling points is the TV feature but it doesn't work with the UK signal.....something to do with frequency. Anyway if the TV feature is a reason for you to buy it then don't...

Yep, I hear it has to repeat every 5th frame because of the 50Hz vs 60Hz difference, leading to stuttering. One of the main selling points is unusable in the UK - and apparently it cannot be fixed in software, it's a hardware issue.

yet another Schoolboy Error from M$, you would have thought in this day and age they would have started to look at the global market rather than just GO USA !!!

It's not *unusable* - it's just the TV pass-through has some judder in it. Given that the TV pass-through feature is completely pointless anyway, it's no big deal.

The bigger deal is that it's a larger box, a less powerful machine, comes with the pointless Kinect and costs more than the the smaller, faster competition.

Slightly less powerful, Kinect bundle would amount to the same as PS4 with Eye 2...or thereabouts...and Microsoft have a larger investment in the back office server farm.

To be honest the only reason I went for Xbox was I have less games for my 360 than my PS3. As neither are backwards compatible it worked out as the better option with less games to replace.

Back
Top Bottom