Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Next gen Xbox: rumours, speculations, wild pipe dreams!

Its really is the XBox 180, now they have said that having the Kinect plugged in isn't compulsory when it was before.

Its really is the XBox 180, now they have said that having the Kinect plugged in isn't compulsory when it was before.

Still selling it with a Kinect though...so you're paying an extra £100 to £150 for something that you'll just unplug. Madness! They should stick with their convictions, or just sell it as a seperate peripheral.

A catch 22, look at the wii motion plus that nobody supported but Nintendo.

Its either there for developers to support, or they will just ignore it.

I was meters away from an Xbox One and PS4 development console the other day. I was all ready to sign an NDA and get a look when the company in question realised the bloke who had the key for the room had gone home for the day. Gutted!

Xbox-One-50-titles-list.png

What they've done is drawn their categories broadly enough so that it looks impressive but is actually meaningless. It has allowed them to bold many games but without much closer inspection (such as looking at the studio), we don't know whether bold means "exclusive" or "exclusively first". And if the latter, we don't know whether that means by a day, a week, a month or a year.

I tend to buy games long after they first come out -- what do I care if it was on Xbox for a month first?

23 games have been confirmed for release on day one. They are:

Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag
Battlefield 4
Call of Duty: Ghosts
Crimson Dragon
Dead Rising 3
FIFA 14
Fighter Within
Forza Motorsport 5
Just Dance 2014
Killer Instinct
LEGO Marvel Super Heroes
Lococycle
Madden NFL 25
NBA 2K14
NBA LIVE 14
Need for Speed: Rivals
Peggle 2
Powerstar Golf
Ryse: Son of Rome
Skylanders: Swap Force
Watch Dogs
Zoo Tycoon
Zumba Fitness: World Party

Got one for BFs 12 year old son for xmas. Ordered it on 30th October from amazon and mananged to get a day one edition with Fifa. On ebay folk are selling their pre order receipts and some are selling in the £80-100 region. Have received confirmation that it will be delivered tomorrow but we won't be able to play anything on it sadly.

I'll get one but not on release day.

The verdict on both consoles is: Look good, bugger all games. Give it a month or so to show up any horrific reliability / other issues then take the plunge.

I'm quite surprised there's no fitness app out, given the noise about the kinekt's heart beat sensing epicness i'd expect that to be a good seller.

The XBox is getting approx 3* reviews from a range of sites.

Looks like the xbox is going to be playing catch up to the ps4.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom