Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

New toilet design encourages employees to spend less time in the bathroom while at work

A lot of workplaces I visit have windowless toilets with a PIR sensor to switch on the lights, which then switch off after a set time to save energy.

Obviously a sensor is never installed over the cubicles so if you spend too long in those you risk being plunged into darkness and reaching for your phone torch in order to find the bog roll.

A lot of workplaces I visit have windowless toilets with a PIR sensor to switch on the lights, which then switch off after a set time to save energy.

Obviously a sensor is never installed over the cubicles so if you spend too long in those you risk being plunged into darkness and reaching for your phone torch in order to find the bog roll.

Absolutely ridiculous that and surely a health and safety issue?

We have PIR lights in the sink bit and switch lights in the cubicles. If the automatic lights are still on when I'm finished in the cubicle I figure I haven't been in long enough and go back in.

In a callcentre I worked in, I was quizzed about the length of some of my "comfort breaks." Let's say a propencity for heavy drinking and lack of dietry fibre at the time, did not always mean this was a purely time wasting strategy on my part... Anyway I did find it a little bit OK when he got moved to a lower position in a reshuffle. New team leader never once mentioned bog time.

It is of course perfectly possible to fart around on your phone, enjoy a few moments of quiet dispare... I mean take a few moments to sharpen your delivering, customer excellence above and beyond, focussed acumin, whilst standing up too.

American Corporation I worked for back in 2013 deliberately fitted slim doors to the cubicles in the men's bogs.We realised immediately that this was deliberately done to stress out the occupant but they suggested it was somehow useful to be able to confirm whether or not an employee was within.We had to explain to them that this was unacceptable-not only could you easily determine whether someone was in occupation you could easily see who that person was.Extra slats were eventually fitted to each edge of the doors.They still had the data on each employee because it was necessary to swipe to access the bogs and then swipe again to get back in.Then there was the CCTV.

there is a more low tech solution

Badgers-Arse.png

We had that as kids it was called Izal :eek:

iu
They should make kids' clothes out of that stuff. Guarantee no shit stains because shit simply wouldn't stick to it. I remember having to fold it up to make ot suffer then using it to scrape the poo of my bum. :(

They should make kids' clothes out of that stuff. Guarantee no shit stains because shit simply wouldn't stick to it. I remember having to fold it up to make ot suffer then using it to scrape the poo of my bum. :(

I'd like that but ... err ... you know ...

I think i read that they still make it :eek:

American Corporation I worked for back in 2013 deliberately fitted slim doors to the cubicles in the men's bogs.We realised immediately that this was deliberately done to stress out the occupant but they suggested it was somehow useful to be able to confirm whether or not an employee was within.We had to explain to them that this was unacceptable-not only could you easily determine whether someone was in occupation you could easily see who that person was.

Traps in the US are often a bit more exposed around the door than, quite frankly, I'm comfortable with. The water level in the bowl can be a bit alarming too.

That’s terrible, it’s how they run homecare as well the times between calls aren’t nearly enough to get from one place to another so the allocated time elderly people are entitled can’t be honoured by the carer, or one or several people would be left waiting hours. This sort of thing just makes me want to kick tables over thinking about it :mad:

Had a friend that did homecare, over here in Ottawa.
She didn't even get a lunch break. They told her to eat while driving.

She got fired for complaining and she took it to the labour board and she won.

Small compensation, though. No one would hire her.

Eventually, the family picked up and moved to the Maritimes.
She has another homecare job, and her company loves her.

I look at the toilets and wonder how I would do with them.

I'm under five foot, and my feet usually don't touch the ground while seated.

Back
Top Bottom