Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

my zen training - 100 days of meditation

about to hit 77. I nearly forgot! :oops:

Better not get complacent now, the finishing straight is coming into view

@#%$@#%^@#^@#^%@#%^@

fuck I fucking forgot! day 84!!!! :oops: :oops: :oops:

I do it anyway post midnight

I am going to Japanese temple in May to do a week's retreat! It will mean getting up at 3.50am every day, and not talking to anyone, except for dokusans with a great zen master. Lots of meditating. Maybe some chanting too. I am going to need the special robe and stuff!

:cool:

Had a really nice meditation today in Regent's Park, sitting against a tree. Well it was good enough for buddha... :)

day 96!

I am going to Japanese temple in May to do a week's retreat! It will mean getting up at 3.50am every day, and not talking to anyone, except for dokusans with a great zen master. Lots of meditating. Maybe some chanting too. I am going to need the special robe and stuff!

:cool:

A week. Pfft.

:D

Nice work Jazzpants! Keep it up :)

I'd LOVE to do a retreat one day. Few of my friends have and say it's SO relaxing and peaceful. Mmmmmmm.

My 100 days is complete! yay!!! :cool: :cool:

I asked what I should do now. I was told I am now 'pregnant with buddha' and I have a gestation period of 10 months.

"So, I carry on meditating then?"

"yep, you got the idea"

:D

Taking the start of each day as sunrise it all worked ;)

How?

So far I just read a count-up to 100 (not a criticism btw)How has this effected you (if at all)?
Well, there has been noticeable improvements in my well-being over the period. I am sleeping better, and feel calmer, and much more easily stay well-tempered. When my blood pressure was taken the other day I was pretty astonished that my resting pulse was 58, and I have hardly exercised since last year. It has never been so low! And I feel I must credit this with the meditation to some degree. This is not exceptional at all - google 'health benefits of meditation' and I believe there's plenty of evidence for all this.

But just as importantly if not more so is the spiritual aspect, the self-discovery. I feel I have made some progress.

But just as importantly if not more so is the spiritual aspect, the self-discovery. I feel I have made some progress.

Care to elucidate? I know it's hard thing to put your finger on but I'd be interested to know what that experience has been like
I remember when I used to mediate nightly it because a ritual. I would use herbs and I'd get well into the zone and feel quite serene and connected with my body (because I was going down a healing kind of path with it). Thinking back on that period I do think the mediation (because that's what I'm calling it even though it's nothing like what you've been doing) had a wider effect on my outlook and general being even though it was not a spiritual communion, it was intended to be something else.
It's impossible to describe this stuff without sounding like a hippy but I'm embracing it :D
man :cool:

Back
Top Bottom