Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Museum billed as celebration of London women opens as Jack the Ripper exhibit

They're missing a trick if they don't sort out a proper food-and-drink concession; perhaps call it the Juwes Bar, offer a Traditional East End Mixed Grill - complete with kidneys (full of all that irony goodness), natch - artisanal gin, boutique pie'n'mash etc. Ten pee from every meal order to go to some wimmin's charity or other to keep The Ladies from getting too hysterical.

Gonorrhea salsa on every burger, with a glass of tupenny upright to wash it down.

**trigger warning** link contains disturbing images of "museum's" depiction of violence against women.

Not sure if anyone has posted this link yet.

**trigger warning** link contains disturbing images of "museum's" depiction of violence against women.

An exhibit in the basement, known as the Morgue, acts as a memorial of sorts to the deaths of the eight victims of Jack the Ripper. Each victim has a picture, taken post-death, along with a brief description of them and their injuries.

20150921_141559_resized.jpg

Its all very tasteful and respectful for sure...

I noticed on the Newsnight link that you posted on the Fuck Parade link, that Kirsty Wark has joined the Ripper Museum protest with the Fuck Parade and the cereal bar. Now that's some bloody spin - although I don't suppose the cereal bar's name "Cereal Killer" has disassociated them from this fairground travesty.

Celebration of East London women: a mannequin of a Ripper victim dead on the floor, and some pictures of women's innards.

Yeah good work guys. Proper respectful.

And the protest about this "celebration", plus lying to get planning permission to do it; has now been seized upon as the latest example of being nasty to hard working small businesses.

And all from those who also defend a cafe down the road called 'cereal killer' selling overpriced bowls of breakfast.

This dingus is working on the basis that any publicity is good publicity.

Ironic, really, considering Jack seemed to work on similar lines.

Im intrigued to know why they're portraying Jack the Ripper in a particular way, when his identity is unknown?

I notice it doesn't mention that they've got the wrong photos on the walls too

I can't find the story about them having the wrong photo of one of the women on the wall...... how annoying.

I look forward to Palmer-Edgcumbe rolling out his innovative business model into other areas of historical interest - the Dr Crippen Valentine Cruise; 'Moor The Merrier', an Ian Brady period costume walking tour for fitness-minded aficionados of the nexus of sixties transgressive art and crime (stout footwear recommended); the Wild Wild Wests' Fun House and Basement of Doom... The possibilities for a responsible huckster like our ex-Google chum are limited only by the imagination.

The Dennis Nilsen Curry Café.
Fred West's DIY classes.
The Gilles de Rais Torture Garden.

You're right! The possibilities are endless!

The Dennis Nilsen Curry Café.
Fred West's DIY classes.
The Gilles de Rais Torture Garden.

You're right! The possibilities are endless!

'And new into the gift shop is our culinary classic, our new recipe book entitled 'Dennis Nilsen's Cooking for One.' And don't forget our superb 'Dahmer's Delight Seasoning Powder.' Just perfect for those cold cuts.'

Back
Top Bottom