Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Mundane Pictures of the West

I literally remember when that was a field (only about 4 years ago tbh..)
Yeah I sometimes think those houses aren’t that attractive but try not to be snobby about it because I am fairly certain people thought the same about my house when it was built 45 years ago :D

Yep, from one generation to the next. Some of those houses must have lovely views down the estuary too. One of the nicest new builds in the area I suspect, for residents anyway.

Oops I think I was probably looking at Shaldon when I typed that, as I was standing on the bridge

You may already know, you can walk tthe foreshore of the river from Town Quay in Newton, all the way along to Shaldon. It's part of a path called the Templer Way that runs up to (down from?) Hay Tor quarry and features the remains of a granite railway .. in this case both for transporting granite as well as actually being made out of granite. It's a very picturesque walk .. only when the tide is low though, otherwise I suppose it's a picturesque swim :D

You may already know, you can walk tthe foreshore of the river from Town Quay in Newton, all the way along to Shaldon. It's part of a path called the Templer Way that runs up to (down from?) Hay Tor quarry and features the remains of a granite railway .. in this case both for transporting granite as well as actually being made out of granite. It's a very picturesque walk .. only when the tide is low though, otherwise I suppose it's a picturesque swim :D
Thanks I’ve just had a read of that. I fancy doing the walk at some point, I think I’ve seen the path when driving on the bridge over Hackney Marshes

Back
Top Bottom