Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Mundane pictures of the North

Takes me back to the days of the Kill Your Liver Tour, that does. :D

I think that was the day some of us went and laid down on our backs on the nice cool platforms at Piccadilly as it was quite a hot day. And got some rather strange looks from others in the station. :D

Got some pictures somewhere, so will try and dig them out. Let me know if anyone wants copies e-mailing.

London and Bristol has Banksy and other creative graffiti. wolves has, uhm this.

fbdogshit.jpg

I do like the low-skill graffiti on sites like this - it seems there is a hierarchy where the rubbish graffiti artists are limited to little-seen out of the way structures like this, and the good ones are free to use very visible sites.

And top marks for spelling. :)

It is definitely on the slightly staggering route that Dickens took as virtually every pub on the country has a sign saying 'Dickens wrote some of the Pickwick Papers here'.

Disused rail bridge in Castlefield, Manchester, above another bridge (also disused I think). Castlefield has tons of bridges.

There's one point right near there where there's three bridges crossing isn't there? Plus the junctions of the canals there. It's a great place :)

They should pave/turf that bridge and open a pub on it. It would be the best pub in Manchester.

There's one point right near there where there's three bridges crossing isn't there? Plus the junctions of the canals there. It's a great place :)

They should pave/turf that bridge and open a pub on it. It would be the best pub in Manchester.

There so many bridges there it gets very confusing! I recall reading there's a spot where you can count quite a number of them, spanning several different eras. Will have to look it up again. Got a couple of more pics I'll dig out of the area.

A bridge pub would be excellent! I remember a few years back there was talk of converting it into flats. A strange idea, but no doubt the structure is rock solid. The downside is the tram track that runs immediately beside it - that would be very annoying to have to put up with passing your bedroom window every few minutes!

Back
Top Bottom