Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Most tenuous World Cup tie-ins.

Maggot

The Cake of Liberty
Which advertising or marketing have you seen that has the least connection to the World Cup?

There's the advert which has a rousing team talk, and mentions sir Bobby Robson, which then turns out to be for a Danish Lager.

There's one with a similar football type build-up and then suddenly switches to a picture of a Kit Kat.

Suggestions?

Toshiba (I think) are currently running an advert which promises that if you buy one of their laptops now (don't know what the deadline date is) then they will refund all your money if England win the World Cup. Something tells me they're not running the same promotion back home for the Japanese if their team win it!

Toshiba (I think) are currently running an advert which promises that if you buy one of their laptops now (don't know what the deadline date is) then they will refund all your money if England win the World Cup. Something tells me they're not running the same promotion back home for the Japanese if their team win it!

I think (although not 100% sure) that it's across a wide range of Toshiba products e.g. laptops, tv's, blu-ray players etc.

Here's another one - a card put through our door today. On the front it says 'we're on the ball!' and on the back it says 'world cup fixtures' but actually it just lists the groups. underneath them it says 'thinking of moving in 2010? then 'sign up' with your leading local estate agent'.

Cunts

Our local Aussie bar has just painted its windows with a St George's Cross.

Mind you, they're all wannabe Englishmen.

So hiding the sixpacks below beerguts and losing deep tans by spending all day in a bar would seem a good start.

Back
Top Bottom