Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Mocking an Eton boy's death is the worst politics of envy - Owen Jones

I don't like the SWP and I don't like the SW article either but let's face it - it was a stupid joke about something that has already happened to someone and the death received far more coverage than it would have had the child not been an Etonian.

However, a whole article dedicated to slagging off the left and gasp the politics of envy on the flimsy pretext of an article in a newspaper read by very few people? Owen Jones' approach here reminds me of Mehdi Hasan's pitch to the Daily Mail where he offered to attack the 'left' from the left, not a million miles from the likes of Dan Hodges. He is protecting Eton/the political caste's left flank, nothing else.

To agree to have your words under, assuming he hasn't chosen it, a title including 'politics of envy' is just incredible. As if we should all just be in awe of his Oxbridge self, Etonian mates and partner, vote Labour and shut up otherwise we are falling prey to the 'politics of envy'... no thanks. I don't want what you're selling.

Did working class teefrom broken home try to butcher endangered bear after stealing cash for extreme adventure trip?

Furthest I ever got was the malverns, not the bloody arctic

should we blame the parents?

the bloke in charge of the guns didn't know how to take the safety off the rifle he was supposed to use in defense against bears.

This bespeaks a wide-ranging culture of ineptitude amongst the upper classes and I demand a full 15 minute piece on ITV news cunting them off as a class in general. Can't look after thier kids? Care.

I was in a pub the other year with someone who - by virtue of position - you'd expect to have a certain amount of decorum, who suggested loudly that the fact it took the polar bear a couple of swipes to kill him shows just how thick the skull of the average public school kid is.

Not nice IMO. Class absolutely is relevant - most of us wouldn't get opportunities anything like what he had - but Jones is right that it's a bit less than humane to laugh at him. Not a way I'd care to go out.

I was in a pub the other year with someone who - by virtue of position - you'd expect to have a certain amount of decorum, who suggested loudly that the fact it took the polar bear a couple of swipes to kill him shows just how thick the skull of the average public school kid is.

Not nice IMO. Class absolutely is relevant - most of us wouldn't get opportunities anything like what he had - but Jones is right that it's a bit less than humane to laugh at him. Not a way I'd care to go out.

Polar bear attack would be mercifully brief though. If the choice was three days dying from a gut shot or 3 minutes by angry glacier mint mascot, I'm going with the big white paw of justice.

Polar bear attack would be mercifully brief though. If the choice was three days dying from a gut shot or 3 minutes by angry glacier mint mascot, I'm going with the big white paw of justice.
or a painful death lasting months or years from some nasty disease, i'd be in the ring with a polar bear like a shot.

It is terribly unsporting to chortle at the death of a fine fellow. They just create jokes like jeremy kyle and benefits street for their guffaws. Whilst killing them slowly.

Back
Top Bottom