Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Merging (or renaming) the two Brexit threads?

Brexit threads

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I would put a soft border about 3/4 of the way through the first thread, and then a partial hard border between the two threads, and then allow posting on the first thread only for posters who had already posted on the second thread at that point in history. For posters who only posted before the soft border through the first thread was implemented, they would be allowed to post on the second thread if 50% of posters from after the soft border agreed, although they would have the right to post emoticons only, in any location. For posters who could prove that a grandparent had, or would have, posted on the second thread but only before the soft border was imposed on the first thread, they would be allowed to post on either thread but not move any arguments from the second thread to either portion of the first thread, unless their grandparents had, or would have, only ever posted on the first thread but prior to the hard border having been agreed in the preliminary agreement that will by the way have to be negotiated, before any of the new borders are implemented. Both threads need a parking area for any posters awaiting confirmation of any details of the rules which may not have been clarified prior to the changes taking place.

Will you allow 90 day visas for musicians to post in either thread but have to wait 180 days between posts?

Lock the first one as the transition period is over, but it should remain available for reading. All new contributions should be directed at the second thread which is a more suitable title for future discussion. I think merging them will be a mess.

^This I reckon.

Will you allow 90 day visas for musicians to post in either thread but have to wait 180 days between posts?
I think we will have some musician quotas in each thread, with a portion of the quota transferring from the old thread to the new thread incrementally each year. If the musicians can prove that the music they perform in either thread originated outside of the threads themselves, then the quotas will not apply but there will be additional checks on the quality of that music, and as far as live music is concerned it cannot be guaranteed that checks will be completed before the music becomes considered outdated by potential audiences.

The first thread is more polarised than the second. Just let them both run but merge that thread full of complaints by musicians about the problems touring and signing on and paying no tax.

Three questions: 1)When is Merge Day? 2) Will there be a festival? 3) What happened to that poster who used to do the daily countdown?
The people have spoke. Thread merge is imminent. £350 million a week will be released to the NHS.

On a different note, I really regret not starting a dedicated forum for Brexit so that not every related topic gets lost in one mega-merged uber-Brexit-bonanza thread.
Seeing as it's clearly going to go on for fucking years, does anyone else think its a good idea?

On a different note, I really regret not starting a dedicated forum for Brexit so that not every related topic gets lost in one mega-merged uber-Brexit-bonanza thread.
Seeing as it's clearly going to go on for fucking years, does anyone else think its a good idea?

It's probably necessary if you want to see any serious discussion. I certainly wouldn't post anything on the existing brexit threads.

It's probably necessary if you want to see any serious discussion. I certainly wouldn't post anything on the existing brexit threads.
:confused: Why's that?
The existing threads would form part of a new dedicated forum, no?

The people have spoke. Thread merge is imminent. £350 million a week will be released to the NHS.

There was a Brexit forum, and you held a plebiscite. And we voted to merge it with U.K. Pol.

I’m sure there a thread...

Brexit's over. There will continue to be plenty of related topics (visas, fish quotas whatever) but these will become increasingly vaguely linked to Brexit and just be things in their own right with their own threads.

Back
Top Bottom