Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Mens wool winter trousers

moody

Member of The Underground.
Thinking of buying some winter trousers. More than likely wool. A nice pattern would be a bonus, maybe a fine check or a hounds-tooth. Brown is a nice winter colour.

Anyone have any or can recommend some, slim leg would be nice.

all the ones I'm looking at, zara, topman, other typical highstreet shops seem to be cropped.

seems to be a bit of a thing for short trousers at the moment.

we used to call them ankle biters back in the day.

quite like these.

MD_29_05_18912_2048x.jpg

just under fifty quid.

these seem alright to knock about in, tweed, flat fronted, half lined, slim fit all for £25 down from £55 including free p&p

dobell-navy-donegal-tweed-slim-fit-trousers-trssmttdp7-874.jpg

Tweed...good tweed is robust.
Half lined helps. Or fully lined if you're prepared to pay for it.

Also, fine wool tweed is still nice and warm. Check the wool content too when you're searching...some mixes have added polyester and other fibres.
100% wool will be durable and warm. A bit of elastane added (3% -5%) be allow for some flexibility...and stretch.

Don't buy pure wool. It'll not last well unless they are occasional wear. And more importantly you'll find they'll look scruffy fairly quickly.

Check what the lining is. If it's pure man-made you'll find you can get static.

Don't buy pure wool. It'll not last well unless they are occasional wear. And more importantly you'll find they'll look scruffy fairly quickly.

Check what the lining is. If it's pure man-made you'll find you can get static.

ooo. I had that before with some polyestery type bottoms I used to have.

I have a lovely pair of ladies palazzo trousers made from fine grey wool tweed. They've lasted me a long time..they are half lined.
Cost a bit when I bought them but they are as good as new. They're the warmest trousers I have for winter. Mind you, I wear 90 denier tights under them in winter.
They tuck into boots and don't wrinkle. They're just great old reliables.

walked around town today looking for some funnily enough, visited a few of the high-street spots, nothing, not even trusty m&s. the bloke in debehams told me that brown is out, it's blues and greys this year, he seemed to be right from what I could see.

saw one coat, in a posh shop, brown dogtooth check, alexander macqueen, didn't even bother checking price.

eta, will check edingburgh woollen mill tomorrow.

Have you checked out 'Fantasia' down Mill Road, moody. Run by a pair of rag queens (my mates) - mostly vintage but they do have men's stuff and they have a good eye for styling. You are not likely to find denim or trainers either (shudder).

Have you checked out 'Fantasia' down Mill Road, moody. Run by a pair of rag queens (my mates) - mostly vintage but they do have men's stuff and they have a good eye for styling. You are not likely to find denim or trainers either (shudder).

walk past quite often, seen a few bits that have caught my eye but most of their stock seems a bit overpriced.

Back
Top Bottom