Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Mark Duggans Son pleads guilty to gun crime

If anybody thinks criminality is a genetical thing, could they please state so now and get it over and done with?

If that’s the argument, could we port it to a different thread for squishing. Then can use the thread as reference to shortcut future silliness.

Sometimes people do weird things like that, but I don’t think it’s the first explanation I’d jump to.

Only a fucking idiot would think that carrying a gun is less likely to get you killed by the police. But then I guess there's a fair chance that this kid IS a fucking idiot.

Only a fucking idiot would think that carrying a gun is less likely to get you killed by the police. But then I guess there's a fair chance that this kid IS a fucking idiot.
Well we can’t judge since neither of our Dads were murdered by the police. But I can hazard a guess it would have had some effect on his upbringing, particularly when people around you growing up are so keen to label him a gangster. Come on this is not rocket science.

Well we can’t judge since neither of our Dads were murdered by the police. But I can hazard a guess it would have had some effect on his upbringing, particularly when people around you growing up are so keen to label him a gangster. Come on this is not rocket science.

Leaving aside the fact that he wasn't murdered, I don't doubt that his father being shot would have had some effect on his upbringing. More influential though, would be the fact that he may well have been brought up in the criminal circles that Duggan senior mixed in. Anyone who carries an illegal firearm is a fucking idiot, but anyone who carries one with a view to protecting themselves from the police is a super-moron. Pull a gun on a copper and you'll almost certainly get killed.

Last edited:
I mean, it seems pretty clear from the thread title onwards that the point of this thread is to have a go at the dead dad? Take the dad out of it and this thread is just "Some bloke you've never heard of has admitted owning a gun", which doesn't seem like something that'd get that much discussion.

Oh, I see. I don't read it like that but I'd already seen the story reported. It is after all, newsworthy, and all the media outlets are carrying it.

It also sheds some light on the fact that MD was indeed involved in gangsterism which seemed to be disputed by some at the time. The fact that his son has followed him into gangs and guns and got nicked for it is surely worthy of comment?

Oh, I see. I don't read it like that but I'd already seen the story reported. It is after all, newsworthy, and all the media outlets are carrying it.

It also sheds some light on the fact that MD was indeed involved in gangsterism which seemed to be disputed by some at the time. The fact that his son has followed him into gangs and guns and got nicked for it is surely worthy of comment?
See, this is what I mean by "the sins of the son". Mark Duggan may well have had some gang connections, but I don't think this story by itself does much to prove or disprove that. If I got arrested with a gun tomorrow, would you go "ah, this shows hitmouse's dad is a wrongun?"

See, this is what I mean by "the sins of the son". Mark Duggan may well have had some gang connections, but I don't think this story by itself does much to prove or disprove that. If I got arrested with a gun tomorrow, would you go "ah, this shows hitmouse's dad is a wrongun?"

No. But I'm assuming that your dad wasn't known to the police and under surveillance by Trident.

In the reports, Duggan junior is quoted as saying that he is seen in gang circles as "his father's son", which has led him to carry a gun to 'only frighten' would be gangland attackers (which doesn't explain the 22 rounds of ammunition he also had). So junior's whole defence very clearly indicates that his father was indeed a wrongun. I think that's since become less in doubt than some suggested at the time anyway.

I (subsequently) saw the next post. It still doesn't.

It's a muddle of frightened young men and boys, and what people say about someone doesn't (necessarily) make it true.

I disagree, if you're suggesting that this doesn't bolster the argument that MD was criminal who was involved with gangs.

The fact that Mark Duggan owned (or had access to) at least one firearm is not in contention.

Non-wronguns don't fuck about with illegal guns.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom