Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Many dead in coordinated Paris shootings and explosions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right back on the thread. I'm aware that two of my posts last night might appear to have been OTT. They weren't. They were genuine open expressions of anger and frustration at the nonsense being talked and the dangers they present. But probably not very useful in terms of tone setting for the thread. But by christ, i'd far rather that the honesty of that than the polite rudeness of a mauvais.

edit: this not much better in the same terms. But back to content alone now. That's the plan.

I just seen someone on fb accusing people who linked to that tragedy hipster thing of being 'passive aggressive' :hmm:

It's understandable that people get so hot and bothered about what 'we' should be doing about all this, but as with so much else, when it comes down to it, 'we' don't get to do anything. Do 'we'?

you'll forgive my raised eyebrow, but isn't a 'one strike and you're out' policy somewhat missing the point of an ideology/doctrine thay uses suicide vests...?

Kind of difficult to coordinate a terror attack if your wearing a gps tag and everyone knows your a jihadist not really going to be top of the list of invites to jihadist toweres are we?

Kind of difficult to coordinate a terror attack if your wearing a gps tag and everyone knows your a jihadist not really going to be top of the list of invites to jihadist toweres are we?
How quick do you think respsosnes to violations are? What resources wouyld be needed to have immediate response 24hrs on every one of them? Someone else dumps the arms somewhere, bloke on tag goes gets them - tag now irrelevant to armed jihadi.

...what jurisdiction do we have in Syria...?

the obvious, to me, paralell is to maritime law in international waters - Syria, or at least large parts of Syria, are under no government, haven't been for some years and don't look like they are about to be, so to a very real degree they are no longer parts of a country, rather they are spaces on a map with other countries surrounding them.

that looks a lot like international waters to me - and in international waters, any interested country may apply internationally accepted law, and international maritime law has a long and detailed legal framework for dealing with Piracy, and IS look a lot like land based Pirates to me...

What if the repentant allegedly reformed returned IS fighters all get to live on an island in the north sea, with paedophiles and tags on, but are forced to record videos recounting how uncool and unglamorous it really was out there, how there was no toilet paper etc, which all schoolchildren in the land will then be forced to watch.

What if the repentant allegedly reformed returned IS fighters all get to live on an island in the north sea, with paedophiles and tags on, but are forced to record videos recounting how uncool and unglamorous it really was out there, how there was no toilet paper and they were forced to murder people they actually had no problem with etc, which all schoolchildren in the land will then be forced to watch.
if they are repentant surely they are by definition reformed.

Most of the 7/7 bombers were not known to police. Also leaving aside the moral argument of mass invasive surveillance of thousands of citizens, there's the practical issues

Last edited:
Most of the 7/7 bombers were not known to police. Also leaving aside the moral argument of mass invasive surveillance of thousands of citizens, there's the practical issues
Not completely relevant (because the study it refences was about 'lone wolf' types, but this is a big number:
"In 64% of cases, family and friends were aware of the individual’s intent to engage in a terrorism-related activity because the offender verbally told them. "
'Jihad by family': Why are terrorist cells often made up of brothers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom