Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Many dead in coordinated Paris shootings and explosions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fine known terrorist sympathisers. Three of the bombers had minor criminal records for shoplifting etc.

Do you think weshould label any Muslim with any kind of criminal record as a terrorist?
in that case msk def a known terrorist sympathizer, people who knew jermaine lindsay reported his extremist views, shehzad tanweer known to mi5 - i think 3/4 'most of them'. unless you know different, like.

e2a: we shouldn't even be arguing over this, you should have done some 'due diligence' before saying things which you can't substantiate.

That would require a massive state investment in the kind of social work the Tories are slashing
Look at the money that was poured into kids company, because it existed, and was known at least -whatever its flaws -to be a place where kids in gangs or at high risk of returning to them actually went voluntarily and seemed to get results. Not unthinkable that money would be made available for a similar targeted program if devised.

Best here not to confuse the question of what to do about those who have gone to syria, who have actually engaged in terrorist behaviour, and how to head off people who may be going in that direction.
Yes. I should have made it clearer. Pickman's made the point that three of the four 7/7 bombers were known to police/MI5. But that didn't stop the attacks.

And I confess I had in mind irrelevantly a lot of the argument I keep seeing elsewhere* about how we don't need police to be shooting hostage-takers because we shouldn't be in that situation in the first place. Because intelligence. /Coffee not taken.

*Not here.

I confuse some leaders and reporters claiming world war 3 is coming. Scaring if is relevant.
well, with a regional proxy war which shows every sign of escalating and a predictable crisis happening in china in the next few years - not to mention other hotspots like the ukraine - i see no reason why a general war is off the cards. one of the interesting things about british military history is that britain's major wars have frequently - tho' not exclusively - begun when her armed forces have been small: as they are now, as they were in 1914, as they were at the time of the french revolution etc.

Indeed I too hope the heads of state realise they are leading us to an environmental calamity.

Yes, very droll. Do you think the COP/climate mobilizations should go ahead without any change of plan given the circumstances? (Ignoring the fact they might be banned anyway.)

Personally I'm a bit unsure and could be convinced either way at the moment, but I have a feeling that the 'climate games' might be not the best thing to go ahead with in the current situation. (Although I was pretty unsure as to the usefulness or relevance of them anyway tbh.)

If this was a jack reacher novel plot, the Paris attacks would be a smokescreen to prevent the vital climate change summit happening.

Reactions: LDC
That's not worth reading. Not sure why you posted it, tbh.

I guess it depends what kind of site it is from <some internet frothmerchants will have been coming up with this shit all day for the past 15 years - this looks like one of them tbf>.

Doug Giles, author of "Raising Boys Feminists will Hate"
A man who hates everything because weve all "wussed" out compared to him.
A man with no redeeming qualities, except maybe that he is a finite entity and will eventually cease to be.

Doug Giles, author of "Raising Boys Feminists will Hate"
A man who hates everything because weve all "wussed" out compared to him.
A man with no redeeming qualities, except maybe that he is a finite entity and will eventually cease to be.
he might go some way towards having redeeming qualities if he went to meet his redeemer forthwith.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom