Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Many dead in coordinated Paris shootings and explosions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I might agree with you there - "pointless" is probably a better word.

But it is offensive, though - offensive to all those who are suffering from mental illnesses, and who have to live with the stigma of having their almost undoubtedly harmless-to-others disorder being associated with extreme violence and terrorism.

At the same time, if you believe that the time is coming when infidels will be wiped from the planet by you and others like you acting as the agents of your god, I have no problem describing you as a nutter.

You should let the Yanks know that the French already have a domestic statue by the way, and like so many transatlantic comparisons, one that's significantly more manoeuvrable in the narrow European streets.

seine-allee-de-cygnes-paris-fp004.jpg
didn't realise they'd kept a bigger one for themselves.

I am having fun elsewhere (google +) 'debating' with kippers - apparently they warned us this would happen with all the open borders stuff and what we should do is close the borders, and burn the ships that are taking them forrins here (along with the hordes of ISIS terrorists) and send them all back. As far as I'm aware the only evidence linking the terrorists with the refugees is a passport found near one of the blown up bodies - and the only identified culprit is a French born Algerian?
And even if it does turn out that one of the terrorists was a refugee, that hardly invalidates the premise that the bulk of these people are a) self-evidently not terrorists, and b) still fleeing a deadly conflict.

didn't realise they'd kept a bigger one for themselves.
Curiously, the Septics gave them that dinky version as a thanks for the big one. There are more of them about the place too, getting progressively smaller, perhaps in a nod to Russian dolls or that bit from Father Ted.

You should let the Yanks know that the French already have a domestic statue by the way, and like so many transatlantic comparisons, one that's significantly more manoeuvrable in the narrow European streets.

seine-allee-de-cygnes-paris-fp004.jpg
And, if I am not very much mistaken, that's the Blackpool Tower in the background... ;)

At the same time, if you believe that the time is coming when infidels will be wiped from the planet by you and others like you acting as the agents of your god, I have no problem describing you as a nutter.
Well, I'd argue that the issue is somewhat more complex than that, but I know I'd be swimming against the tide. We've called people with unconventional views "nutters" for as long as we've had unconventional views, and I'm not going to be able to singlehandedly change that...

Well, I'd argue that the issue is somewhat more complex than that, but I know I'd be swimming against the tide. We've called people with unconventional views "nutters" for as long as we've had unconventional views, and I'm not going to be able to singlehandedly change that...

Fairly sure most of the people on Urban are lumped under "nutters" category by Daily Mail readers and other assorted UKIP types.

I've seen stuff that basically says that one thing that would hit Daesh hard economically would be to bomb the oil infrastructure in the areas under their occupation. Have you come across that one at all, in your reading? If so, does it seem like a viable proposal?
They are right now - as i type - being pushed out of North east syria where a lot of their oil money/production/smuggling/etc comes from - by YPG/SDF forces.

That long jihad essay the strategic one I can't resist linking to again here - it devotes several pages to the importance of oil, of capturing petroleum resources both for economic & logistical reasons & in order to exploit the west's dependance on them, driving up prices etc.
https://azelin.files.wordpress.com/...al-stage-through-which-the-umma-will-pass.pdf
Another failure then as all they've been able to do is effectively hack the pipes and flog it on the black market in knock off barrels. That's not going to have the slightest impact, even full production like post-revolution syria wouldn't be able to have that effect frankly. They're doing enough to keep themselves going (for now), but significantly impact on the world market - nah.

Another failure then as all they've been able to do is effectively hack the pipes and flog it on the black market in knock off barrels. That's not going to have the slightest impact, even full production like post-revolution syria wouldn't be able to have that effect frankly.
No, It looks like the vision he's writing about in there is very grand, an OPEC-scale move to increase price .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom