Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Many dead in coordinated Paris shootings and explosions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just heard this elsewhere. Snippets of it I agreed with but I thought most of it was utter, conspiraloon drivel mixed with 'it's all the west's fault.' Not a single mention of ISIS other than to say it was created by the US :rolleyes::facepalm:
Yeah, got as far as his "there is no such thing as ISIS" (as it's all created by the West) and sacked it off.

I think it's genuinely a bit more complicated than that. See 'the rise of isis' book if you have time, or just Should US Ally with Al Qaeda in Syria? | Consortiumnews

Read it months ago - Cockburn is a pro-assad goon - someone who only a few months agao was pretending the FSA doesn't exist. (You might want to have a look at the various long-running threads on Syria on here btw.)

See

Only the total destruction of the terrorist group, through US air support for Assad’s ground forces, can keep Europe safe

Not a word on assad helping purposely birth ISIS, on his regimes actions pushing people towards ISIS, on his current plans (with russia and iran) undermining the effective fighters against ISIS - all part of wider moves to wipe out moderates, democrats, left-wing or secular rebels with the help of Iran, russia and hezbollah in order to leave it a battle between his dictatorship and ISIS. Exactly the same logic as ISIS' removing the grayzone. The grayzone being of course those sensible non-islamist and non-mass murder non-assad supporters.

See

Not a word on assad helping purposely birth ISIS, on his regimes actions pushing people towards ISIS, on his current plans (with russia and iran) undermining the effective fighters against ISIS - all part of wider moves to wipe out moderates, democrats, left-wing or secular rebels with the help of Iran, russia and hezbollah in order to leave it a battle between his dictatorship and ISIS. Exactly the same logic as ISIS' removing the grayzone. The grayzone being of course those sensible non-islamist and non-mass murder non-assad supporters.
Pure neocon.

Bellingcat seem to have found one a FB site of one of the attackers. A selection of pics.

edit: the actual fb one went down in the last few minutes, pics still at link above.

Screen Shot 2015-11-16 at 14.45.08.png Screen Shot 2015-11-16 at 14.31.20.png (pics from link above)

What if ISIS can ( partly) be understood as being basically, a gang, like the hardest most scariest most famous and feared gang on the planet just now, and much easier to join than most, especially if you are all those surprising things that so many of the known individuals turn out to have been (educated, not especially poor etc).

The internet's full of lists for scared parents/ by think tanks trying to explain why kids join gangs. Whilst some do highlight deprivation and peer pressure the main themes seem to be (as per Malik on radicalisation):
  • A sense of belonging, acceptance and loyalty. Gangs may offer a sense of identityto their members and a way to gain attention or status. Kids who do not have strong ties to their families, communities, schools or places of worship may turn to gangs for companionship and as a substitute family.
  • Companionship, training, excitement,and activities. Gang members, recruiters and the media glamorize the gang lifestyle.
  • A sense of self-worth and status. Some are drawn by parties, girls or drugs. Others feel they will receive more respect as a gang member and are seeking power
etc etc.
With IS you get all that plus guns and a uniform and you're not just joining your local boys but a world famous band of brothers, engaged in combat with the most well armed opponent anyone could wish for, on live TV.

(note: i did say partly)

Last edited:
I don't know about that. She usually carries a book and torch. Books are pretty powerful. Look at all the destruction a few ancient tribal religious scrolls about a mountain/war god have wrought.
True, though I think the West's approach to binding books inside rigid covers does increase their potential power. Get hit with a seriously large format bible, and you're going to know about it. Achieving the same with a big scroll is liable to end up looking like an Andrex advertisement.

True, though I think the West's approach to binding books inside rigid covers does increase their potential power. Get hit with a seriously large format bible, and you're going to know about it. Achieving the same with a big scroll is liable to end up looking like an Andrex advertisement.

Never underestimate the power of a good slap with a bit of folded paper.

12.jpg

I don't know about that. She usually carries a book and torch. Books are pretty powerful. Look at all the destruction a few ancient tribal religious scrolls have wrought.
Islamic extremists are pretty good at destroying old statues though, so you know, it's probably a fair match. Hopefully someone will bring back the insightful series 'Deadliest Warrior' for an objective assessment.

Here's another - even more eloquent & clear bit of jijadi propaganda (an important strategic handbook apparently) which actually uses the word polarisation.:facepalm:

"Dragging the masses into the battle requires more actions which will inflame opposition and which will make the people enter into the battle, willing or unwilling, such that each individual will go to the side which he supports. We must make this battle very violent, such that death is a heartbeat away, so that the two groups

https://azelin.files.wordpress.com/...al-stage-through-which-the-umma-will-pass.pdf

Because taking on the the evil crusaders who spend more money on weapons than the rest of the planet put together is going to end well:facepalm:

Because taking on the the evil crusaders who spend more money on weapons than the rest of the planet put together is going to end well:facepalm:

the ensuing back lash will allow them to use the results as propaganda in a attempt to stir up feelings amongst normal muslims

"look they are killing your people"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom