Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Many dead in coordinated Paris shootings and explosions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry. Of course it does. I found today stressful and nervewracking. Imperialism and the liberal blindness to it is driving me mad, as well as living in London and wondering what Daesh has cooked up for me.

Rest assured the bastards are "cooking up stuff" for us all, London? Mebbes? would put me money on a heavily populated area with less surveillance and protection.
Points to remember, the UK and other countries have suffered far worse and survived, Paris is bad but we have had worse and no doubt we will have to face even greater atrocities.
Hopefully we won't give the bastards the reaction they desperately desire.

Reactions: tim
No it is not a letter and if it were a simple code of swapping values would not be very complex. It would also not be very hidden which is the reason for the steganography tag. You say you know midi so, a midi message comprises One status byte and one , two or none data bytes. Control changes happen less frequently than note on/offs but still have a space allocated in the lower nibble of the next byte same as pitch control gizmos (portamentos), they can take the whole of the third byte, yet if the values are not there the code will still run as a a midi file.So now what we have is for every bass drum beat up to two bytes of data that can be filled with other values.

You still miss the point that all I was doing was making a joke. You can defeat a joke with as many facts as you like. Which tends not to make them amusing anymore.

Probably missed the boat here, and tried a simpler angle earlier, but an open message to various posters going at it: can you just look at each other's posts for what they are rather than unnecessarily assuming out of the gate that it needs to be combative?

I doubt anyone remembers but ten years ago (in April 2005) I signed up for Urban as a Parisian resident. Most of you were already here under some name or other. Of course that was the year of the London attacks, which I explicitly remember unfolding via these pages and thinking about what it must be like to live in the capital, on paper my own capital, next door, and feel like a potential target just by going about your life. And, somewhere in some archive on here, is a testament to what the better - vast majority - elements of this place can produce in times of adversity.

For example Pickman's was spot on earlier regarding the divisive motivation, but not to the mutual exclusion of all other ideas. I'm going to patronise away here but you're all capable of a more constructive dialog - I know this because I've literally seen it - so perhaps you can explicitly try and give it a shot given the circumstances that surround.

Otherwise it's even more deeply fucking miserable than the events it's built on top of, and no one needs that.

I've just looked at my FB news feed and it is kinda irritating now tbh. :D I don't think it indicates support for Le Pen or any other batshit theory ding ding wants to draw from it though.

Just look at the quality of cunts that are doing it. Political pond life.

Crock of shit. I know the guy who lit the National Theatre up Red White and Blue. He did it off his own back because he was deeply upset by the events and wanted to show solidarity with France and because thanks to smartphone lighting control apps he could. Fuck all to do with Number 10 or paving the way for military action.

So, shall we go light it up red and black then?

Crock of shit. I know the guy who lit the National Theatre up Red White and Blue. He did it off his own back because he was deeply upset by the events and wanted to show solidarity with France and because thanks to smartphone lighting control apps he could. Fuck all to do with Number 10 or paving the way for military action.

What a coincidence so many places were lit up. So many people with the kit and time. Such patriotism. Much care. Wow.

Paris1.jpg

I remember hearing very similar arguments from people during the Israeli attack on Gaza.

'Why aren't you protesting about Israel but not ISIS, huh?'

You're essentially playing a game of whataboutery. Why not start a new thread or are you worried you won't get the same attention there?

Are you sincere?

People on my fb saying that posting french flags is supporting white supremacy. Seriously thinking of sacking it off ffs

Let's have a chat and find out :)

Nah it's alright you've said enough. I'd rather talk about what happened and its implications instead of what people put as their fucking facebook profile picture. People who don't really have much of a clue politically, who very rarely talk about it and are instead, albeit clumsily, trying to express solidarity with a city where people were killed doing something they do on any given Friday, like have a beer or go to a gig.

I don't entirely disagree with you but I think you're really taking the piss by claiming these people are racist, imperial supporters etc. I don't get what you're trying to achieve other than 'look at me look at me' it's your continuously bringing it up that makes me think that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom