Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Manchester City 2023/24

twistedAM

Left Of The Dial
Interesting close season with some players deciding they've won it all and wanting to move on. Can't blame them.
City usually get business done early but only Kovecic has come in so far.
Am sad that Gundo has left but the others rumoured to be leaving (bar Bernardo) were mostly bench starters during the run in and I've a feeling Phillips, Foden, Alvarez and maybe even Gomez will get more starts next season and do well, even Gomez who actually looked great for Spain under 21s despite being a bit crap for us last season..

Besides the goal he looked a bit anonymous but he's been a bit part player up til now really.
Foden was superb and Kovacic looks like he's been a City regular for years. That might turn out to be a very canny buy at a decent price.

He always make very clever runs and he works his nackers off every time. Neither him nor Haaland were at it yesterday, but still that finish :oops:

I want us to be playing our youth team now me. I want Palmer to be the man on the RW after Bernardo & Foden. I want to see McAtee playing and Bobb and whoever else. They spend a fortune looking for and training these lads, surely we can have half-a-dozen in the team by 2025.

Puzzling that we didn’t buy Lavia back and allowed him to go to Chelsea. Doesn’t look like Philipps is gonna ever be trusted and Rodri has stated he doesn’t want to be playing 60-odd games a season.

Kovacic - yeah!
Gvardiol - fuck yeah!

Besides the goal he looked a bit anonymous but he's been a bit part player up til now really.
Foden was superb and Kovacic looks like he's been a City regular for years. That might turn out to be a very canny buy at a decent price.
I always liked Kovacic at Chelsea , very experienced although occasionally makes a mistake or gets caught in possession but beats the press and works his socks off . Hopefully he’ll stay fit at City .

Same old City!
Just saw a stat that the last time we won the first six games in the league we finished third.
Hope we don't draw Stockport at home in the FA Cup.

Doku looks promising :)

He’d turn you in a telephone box that lad.

Same old City!
Just saw a stat that the last time we won the first six games in the league we finished third.
Hope we don't draw Stockport at home in the FA Cup.

I see Phillips is receiving a load of flak even though he wasn’t even close to being our worst performer.

Also that Newcastle game was roughly a fifth of his overall playing time. Pep there doing stuff like leaving Rodri on when we’re 5-1 up and only giving Phillips the last 4 mins.

Eta: @10am :)

Last edited:
Same old City.
Canny move by Liverpool not taking on the pressure of the top spot when it was offered to them today.

Same old City.
Canny move by Liverpool not taking on the pressure of the top spot when it was offered to them today.
Nice of Manyoo and Liverpool to lay down their arms in solidarity with City yesterday.

Sad news about Franny Lee, a great player. He played under big Mal at City I'm guessing. I think I can remember him losing his 100% penalty record when he had one saved by John Jackson at Selhurst Park.
RIP Fran.

Cracking player, RIP. Always think it was a shame that the Best, Charlton and Law side weren't quite at their peak same time as that great City side. As a kid, in that cartoonist way you have I hated City. But even then Franny was a sight for sore eyes floating into muddy penalty boxes. Not short of confidence too. ;) Fuck me, the talent there was in that side.

Sad news about Franny Lee, a great player. He played under big Mal at City I'm guessing. I think I can remember him losing his 100% penalty record when he had one saved by John Jackson at Selhurst Park.
RIP Fran.
Joe Mercer would have signed him I reckon

He always looked overweight- but easy to forget the skill and grace he had.
And a shot like Charlton!

Joe Mercer would have signed him I reckon
Basically, Mercer chose the signings, Alison worked with the players. Together Joe and Mal made a great team, but it all came unstuck with the boardroom struggles that culminated in Peter Swales's ultimately disastrous tenure as chairman.

Mal was a great coach but a poor manager. When Swales brought him back to manage the club on his own, it was possibly the most significant in a host of bad decisions, and arguably launched 30 years of turmoil at the club.

Forgot to post this at theme but it still makes me laugh. The Doku and Balotelli bits are good but it was the Bernardo comment that cracked me up.
United 0 City 3.JPG

Back
Top Bottom