Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Made In Brixton reality TV show is coming.

i thought it was pretty funny - written as a quite witty needle for a lot of urban's pet hates.

But then people started taking it seriously, which surprised me, but which doesn't seem like part of the harmless fun to me.

i thought it was pretty funny - written as a quite witty needle for a lot of urban's pet hates.

But then people started taking it seriously, which surprised me, but which doesn't seem like part of the harmless fun to me.
Hardly the author's fault.

Quite right too. :)

It's all too easy to attempt to brand posters as 'trolls' because they've got a different sense of humour or whatever.

I agree with this sentiment. And what irks me more is the mass bullying of certain posters that don't necessarily fit in with the rest of the forum. I was bullied at school because I was goofy, found weird things funny and was argumentative. This is probably why I don't post more regularly, as I would probably be judged to be a troll.

That depends on the definition of 'trolling'. Just looks like a bit of fun, as far as I can see. People are getting genuinely annoyed and worked up about that post, are they?
I doubt it. Gramsci was just joining in on the joke - he wasn't intending to sound curmudgeonly in seriousness. At least that's the way I read it.

I agree with this sentiment. And what irks me more is the mass bullying of certain posters that don't necessarily fit in with the rest of the forum. I was bullied at school because I was goofy, found weird things funny and was argumentative. This is probably why I don't post more regularly, as I would probably be judged to be a troll.
i don't think anyone could accuse teuchter of being bullied, though. at least, not with integrity / a serious understanding of the word bullying.

Can someone please ask the poster above what he means by the opposite of bullying?

teuchter's posts are hardly welcomed with good humour. He's constantly on the receiving end of abuse because people disagree with what he has said even though it's almost always (if not 100% of the time) written in a non-serious manner.

Be interested in hearing an explanation of these actions, which are described as the opposite of bullying.

Onket Teutcher is quite good at pressing people's wind-up buttons however people aren't very good at ignoring his posts that irritate them. However some of his posts are just his opinion on things which others don't agree with and then start taking it personally. It's complex... as people tend to be.

As my friend at the tender age of 18 said as he despaired about the people fighting on the train "if only it was like the '60s when everybody loved each other". People, we need a bit more love.

I know, boohoo. But I'd still like to know what this 'quite the opposite' of bullying is. Specifically in relation to the way certain posters treat teuchter.

"if only it was like the '60s when everybody loved each other"

Hmmm...

Antiwar-demonstrators-tri-001.jpg

That depends on the definition of 'trolling'. Just looks like a bit of fun, as far as I can see. People are getting genuinely annoyed and worked up about that post, are they?

No, no and no.
It was largely ignored because it was a poor troll from someone lacking form. I think it is fair to say you were a co-author, a co-ordinator. The thread only gained traction after i announced my appearance on the show.

Did the two of you gang up so one or the other could link to that thread? Why did you decide to dig up that corpse?

I don't doubt the two of you are very good posters and valued members of the community. Some of your posts are ok but when you join forces both of you are weakened.

If you want to talk about bullying let's talk about it.
Yes, it's a conspiracy. uk benzo, spanglechick, boohoo, Rushy and all the other recent posters who posted and/or liked posts were in on it too.

We met last week to develop our action plan.

I don't think @teucher is a bully. I do think he winds up people a little too often but he might just be someone who doesn't like being told he is wrong just because he has a difference of opinion.

A lot of urban's arguments aren't about persuading you to see a different view point - it's about shouting at you til you back down. It's all a bit put up and shut up.

Reactions: han
Back
Top Bottom