Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Made In Brixton reality TV show is coming.

Neither do I, it's clearly madness.

Calling someone a troll has become a form of trolling in it's own right, on here at least.

I only come on here now and then. Teucher's creative 'description'of the proposed show made me giggle and splutter my porridge. Thanks. Lighten up people!
This is a first. He has been accused of many things but no one has blamed Teuchter for their messy eating habits before, I don't think.

This is a first. He has been accused of many things but no one has blamed Teuchter for their messy eating habits before, I don't think.

well I think we need to blame him for a few more things - didn't he cause the housing crisis, introduce the bedroom tax and gentrify Brixton single handedly?

he didn't? so why are we annoyed with him again?

well I think we need to blame him for a few more things - didn't he cause the housing crisis, introduce the bedroom tax and gentrify Brixton single handedly?
Surely all banning offences and yet he just continues to fill the pages with his unregulated subversion.

Vibrant vibe?
To be precise the vibrant is in the legend to the pictures on the first page of the article "one of south London's most vibrant communities"

"The traditional and the 'hipster' come together to create Brixton's unique vibe" was the legend of a photo looking like the wall of the railway bridge where the little shop is more or less opposite Carlton Mansions.

Not sure there are any hipsters in the photos - maybe they picked that bit up form Urban75? There is an oblique shot of C+F natch.

Actually, I'll give that article some credit. It's 'Best Of Brixton' listing isn't the usual depressing list of trendy and expensive nu-businesses, and it includes a review of the Prince Albert - a simple enough task that a certain hyperlocal blog curiously still hasn't managed to achieve.

Actually, I'll give that article some credit. It's 'Best Of Brixton' listing isn't the usual depressing list of trendy and expensive nu-businesses, and it includes a review of the Prince Albert - a simple enough task that a certain hyperlocal blog curiously still hasn't managed to achieve.

Can't be long now - they seem to be reviewing two places a day, at some length.

Apologies for the lack of updates on this. The people I have been working with asked me not to comment further, partly on account of the various accusations of trolling etc.

As I expected I have not been taken on for an on-screen role. However it has proved that I can indeed offer my services as adviser and I have been working to that end for the past couple of months. I can't at this point say much more about the "Made In Brixton" project.

However, some may be interested in another project which we have been working up in parallel, which for now goes under the title "Britain's Bolshiest Bulletin Boards". This will be taking a look at some of the UK's most active discussion boards including urban 75. I have given some advice regarding themes and specific posters to follow, and will continue doing this as we move into the active stage of the project where discussions are followed over a period of a few weeks. In order to maintain impartiality it has been decided that I will not post at all on urban75 for approximately the next three weeks. At the end of this time I may be able to tell you a little (up to a point) about the threads and themes that have been considered to be the most interesting and worthy of inclusion in the broadcast programme.

I'd suggest that anyone concerned about their views and behaviour having visibility (and indeed scrutiny) beyond the normal readership of these boards do as I am going to do, and refrain from posting for the next three to four weeks.

I think this will be an interesting time for all of us.

I just like people who poke fun, in a lighthearted way, at people who take themselves a bit too seriously. It gets less funny the longer it goes on of course, but the initial few posts had me guffawing.

I just like people who poke fun, in a lighthearted way, at people who take themselves a bit too seriously. It gets less funny the longer it goes on of course, but the initial few posts had me guffawing.
People do appear in this sort of reality stuff, so its not ridiculous that someone from the boards here might do. Someone tired to involve me and buscador in reality british-lesbians-get-pissed-on-holiday-programme once - well no free holiday, not even a discount, no fee, no hairdresser/make-up and no editing control - why would would anyone bother? so we sensibly said no, but it was still very intrusive. Poor sods who signed up for it weren't shown in a good light and ridiculed. I felt sorry for those who lives were messed up by this sort of media crap.

So how can you tell its a wind up? is it because you know teuchter or is he got form for this sort of thing?

People do appear in this sort of reality stuff, so its not ridiculous that someone from the boards here might do. Someone tired to involve me and buscador in reality british-lesbians-get-pissed-on-holiday-programme once - well no free holiday, not even a discount, no fee, no hairdresser/make-up and no editing control - why would would anyone bother? so we sensibly said no, but it was still very intrusive. Poor sods who signed up for it weren't shown in a good light and ridiculed. I felt sorry for those who lives were messed up by this sort of media crap.

So how can you tell its a wind up? is it because you know teuchter or is he got form for this sort of thing?
he's got form, unfunny form

Back
Top Bottom