Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Low Scoring World Cup

toblerone3

Grrrrr
World Cup has been very low scoring so far. The first 12 games have produced only 20 goals. By comparison the first 12 games of Euro 2008 produced 28 goals.

Worst world cup ever!!

:D

Yup, utter utter shit and I was so looking forward to it :( Dull games, so many over hit passes, shots going miles wide, those fucking trumpets drowning out any atmosphere and to cap it all empty seats in the stadiums.

I reckon Henry did the Irish a favour.

eyr6jf76

It is fucking rubbish, and those of you defending the vuvuzelas are utter twats. To pay money for a world cup and game and then spend all of it making an obnoxious, arrogant and disrespectful racket throughout is such a revoltingly anti-football thing to do.

If FIFA really wanted to give the competition to an African nation why not a country that has a proven track record of enthusiasm about the game
but no, it has to be South Africa cos, you know, of the apartheid and shit.

Cunts.

Goal average of 1.66 in the group stages?? Even Italia 90 managed over 2.

If FIFA really wanted to give the competition to an African nation why not a country that has a proven track record of enthusiasm about the game

Cunts.

Not sure any other country in Africa has the infrastructure or financial muscle to host it.

Still FIFA love a fuck up so I look forward to Russia winning the right to host 2018.

It is fucking rubbish, and those of you defending the vuvuzelas are utter twats. To pay money for a world cup and game and then spend all of it making an obnoxious, arrogant and disrespectful racket throughout is such a revoltingly anti-football thing to do.

Yep, every fucker in the stadium should stay silent, maybe even play all games behind closed doors. I'm sure plenty of goals would be scored then.

You went even further and suggested South Africa shouldn't even have held the World Cup at all, because of a few people blowing plastic trumpets.

No, because it isn't a particularly football passionate nation. Hence the arrogant and obnoxious behaviour instead of genuine enthusiasm for the sport and not the spectacle.

No, because it isn't a particularly football passionate nation. Hence the arrogant and obnoxious behaviour instead of genuine enthusiasm for the sport and not the spectacle.

It looks pretty passionate to me. The fact that Cricket and Rugby are so popular in SA is probably more to do with the history of the country, as the game of the black population football would have suppresed as was language etc.

You're right they don't like football in South Africa, they're blowing their outrageous plastic trumpets because they are bored and can't tell the difference between a goal kick and a corner.

You're right they don't like football in South Africa, they're blowing their outrageous plastic trumpets because they are bored and can't tell the difference between a goal kick and a corner.

Stop making shit attempts at paraphrasing and pay attention. Do the current match attendances and insistence on blanketly drowning out entire games with a monotone drone instead actively engaging with the ebb and flow of the play suggest the people there are a particularly football loving population or not?

Stop making shit attempts at paraphrasing and pay attention. Do the current match attendances and insistence on blanketly drowning out entire games with a monotone drone instead actively engaging with the ebb and flow of the play suggest the people there are a particularly football loving population or not?

These things are proof that South Africans don't like football properly, they only like it in frivolous way. Ask anyone in South Africa, it's a well known fact.

These things are proof that South Africans don't like football properly, they only like it in frivolous way. Ask anyone in South Africa, it's a well known fact.

Is this your only debating tactic? It's not even an amusing one.

there are at least two threads on this already.

south africa does have a proven track record for enthusiasm about the game. you ignoramus.

Stop stating this as a fact with fuck all to back it up. Prove it you stuck up prick.

You claim South Africans only have a superficial interest in football, citing unfull stadiums (nothing to do with the typical wage of the average supporter vs ticket prices of course) and plastic trumpets (lol).

However everyone knows South Africans have more than a superficial interest in football, so why don't you fuck off and start an anti-vuvuzela anti-South African World Cup facebook group or something?

You claim South Africans only have a superficial interest in football

You still haven't proven shit. As I've articulated repeatedly - the superficial and disrespectful approach to the game is evidenced by the manner in which the crowds are incessantly drowning out the atmosphere of the game. Likewise the low attendances are suspect.

Give me some evidence to prove that South Africa is a population with a particularly fond appreciation of the substance of football or go and spend a night in a vuvuzela factory.

Fuck me you're an arrogant prick.

Back
Top Bottom