Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

london's worst clubs

I think a new contender for worst club has to be the Great Suffolk Street warehouse carpark.

Porta-loos, a table for a bar, puddles and rain dripping every where, really dodgy security.

Anyone been?

the times ive been there its always been a really decent night, but the security are notorious, which is fairly rare in these time of SIA licenses.

I was entering with a female friend, the female bouncer asks her if she has anything on her, mate says no, bouncer says "don't lie to me you fucking bitch!" and grabs her tits! :eek:

pls could people stop pm'ing me to tell me about this thread and vice. i already know.
God I went to Man. Heights in about 1992. It was probably the worst place I had been & even since then it is hard to think of somewhere that was as bad.

I just found this forum after a chat with a friend about some clubs in North London, when I lived there in the 90’s – I googled Manhattan in Palmers Green and here I landed!

Wow! Talk about bringing back memories!

Manhattan’s was a craphole. Still, I went there a couple of times.I lived near there and that's the only legitimate reason I can explain for why I was there.

Cheekos upstairs from the Archway Tavern! I had forgotten the name of the place! I remember when it opened! Fantastic place to get hammered and/or pull a nurse – from the nearby Whittington Hospital. (It was there I heard the following from a nurse – “What’s the difference between a helicopter and a nurse? Not everyone’s been up in a helicopter!”). Ah the memories - that place served its purpose in making a man out of me - numerous times!

Two other places came to mind:

Fagan’s in Wood Green – I think it changed to something else by the late 90’s. What a mess! Rough bouncers, head bangers, faux bikers and a fight a night!

The Manor Club at Manor House – Indie type stuff in a place that smelled like a Turkish toilet! Good music, I recall, but just a dive.

Anyone remember the George Robey in Finsbury Park?

Manhattan’s was a craphole. Still, I went there a couple of times.I lived near there and that's the only legitimate reason I can explain for why I was there.

Fagan’s in Wood Green – I think it changed to something else by the late 90’s. What a mess! Rough bouncers, head bangers, faux bikers and a fight a night!

The Manor Club at Manor House – Indie type stuff in a place that smelled like a Turkish toilet! Good music, I recall, but just a dive.

Agreed, Manhattan's was dire. Always an air of menace about that place. Now a Turkish supermarket. Funnily enough, I always felt fine in Fagan's. Maybe it was the crowd I was with - probably a gruesome looking bunch. Top tip: never take LSD while surrounded by beer and speed-fuelled bikers. Bit of an error, that.

I loved the Manor Club. I went to the goth/indie night there a lot - the Catacombs. It was on the first floor :D

I think a new contender for worst club has to be the Great Suffolk Street warehouse carpark.

Porta-loos, a table for a bar, puddles and rain dripping every where, really dodgy security.

Anyone been?

I have been a few times and I've always had a good night. The security have been a bit OTT with searches going in and out of the venue, snatching phones off people and getting you to put in your pin to check its your own. But OTT security isn't such a bad thing imo.

My nomination goes to Studio Spaces. The system is average, and getting to the smoking area is hard work queuing in single file up tiny stairs. The vibe just seems a bit flat in there really. Its one of the few places in London I have been that I wouldn't go back to.

Back
Top Bottom