Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

London Student protests - Wed 8th Dec+ Thurs 9th

Did you ever used to look at the uni "league tables" (before they were government-mandated, but were compiled by the likes of the THES)?
There were plenty of polys that offered courses that had greater credibility than the red-bricks and the Russell Group unis. To simply ignore polys because of some snobbishness, whether you're an HR worker or an individual, is the act of an idiot.

yeh, manchester poly had a good reputation for economics

Over, not at. ;)

Both work. "At" means they can't see where they're going, "over" means that some of them get splatted.
Of course, in the fine tradition of British infantry, you could volley them. One kneeling rank volleying at the shields, the second (standing) rank hoying them over the shields. :)

Did you ever used to look at the uni "league tables" (before they were government-mandated, but were compiled by the likes of the THES)?
There were plenty of polys that offered courses that had greater credibility than the red-bricks and the Russell Group unis. To simply ignore polys because of some snobbishness, whether you're an HR worker or an individual, is the act of an idiot.

yep the University of Ulster is regarded as more relevant in regards to vocational matters than Queens.

not that I don't have a major problem with the total vocationalisation of learning and knowledge, simply pointing out that gunneradt is full of shit.

984bG.gif

yep the University of Ulster is regarded as more relevant in regards to vocational matters than Queens.

not that I don't have a major problem with the total vocationalisation of learning and knowledge, simply pointing out that gunneradt is full of shit.

Hello yet again go back into your cave in Libcom . com you keep telling us how to behave and yet you never seem to be around when these things kick off :))

you try it on a phone

but I sure as hell know you don't form plurals with an apostrophe

Actually you can. There are numerous examples where the plural is formed with an apostrophe.

To pluralise single letters, for example, "be sure to dot your I's and cross your T's "

Following plurals of numbers. "1000's of years."

and in plurals that end in s. to indicate possession "both boys' toys were broken"

Actually you can. There are numerous examples where the plural is formed with an apostrophe.

To pluralise single letters, for example, "be sure to dot your I's and cross your T's "

Following plurals of numbers. "1000's of years."

and in plurals that end in s. to indicate possession "both boys' toys were broken"

errr no, that is utterly wrong.

boys indicates possession not a plural

how can a plural be formed with an apostrophe - it indicates ownership

I wasn't. I was discrediting the latest wave of polys and their re-naming as universities. We have a uni here and you wouldn't send a dog to it, let alone a student. It ends up with failed middle agers attempting to scrape a gcse

errr no, that is utterly wrong.

boys indicates possession not a plural

how can a plural be formed with an apostrophe - it indicates ownership

LOL

I made a typo in a rushed post and you chastise my grammer, yet you are actually ignorant of the fact that you use an apostrophe after boys to indicate it was a plural of boys who had broken toys.

I wasn't. I was discrediting the latest wave of polys and their re-naming as universities. We have a uni here and you wouldn't send a dog to it, let alone a student. It ends up with failed middle agers attempting to scrape a gcse

a uni that teaches gcse's? hmmmm

I seem to remember walking behind a communist party trad jazz float through Brixton, and various other traditional musical entertainments. I was mostly involved with RAR for the music. Was there some aggro near the US Embassy for some reson ?

When I got home, my Tory, slightly racist parents had helpfully drawn rings around some bedsits in the Evening Post. Best thing they ever did for me.

I always managed to stay clear of rentamob. I forget who caused embarassment in the Bristol march around the same time - ANL were a bit noisy - perhaps it was the SWP ...

why is anyone still engaging with this fucknugget ? did he say something even remotely relevant/sensible in the previous 10 pages after the initial drivel ?

right up there with Drink/Detective-Stoat Boy and Jer fucking wossisname on the rollcall of timewasting, ego-mad clowns imo. plse feel free to add your own contribs.

you do when there is a 'possessive' involved; eg "the XYZ boys' school"

'boys IS plural - it is not formed by adding an apostrophe to the end of it - good grief. The apostrophe represents the ownership of school by more than one boy.

as in 'the protesters' heads were beaten soundly by the nasty policeman' :D

Back
Top Bottom