Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

London Student protests - Wed 8th Dec+ Thurs 9th

As if a picture like that actually paints 1,000 words - it's useless without context - shame on you.

No. Shame on you. You're the one ignoring the context here in order to excuse police brutality. You also, by your own admission, have never been on an anti-government march, and even if you did you would do your best to ensure that someone else was at the front.

You have zero right to comment on any of this really, yet here you are...

Are you a Bennite by any chance?

I wouldn't know - I've never related to mainstream politics - always focussed on issues I can actually understand a little - from first principles.
I tried the OU's social science foundation course in an attempt to understand the human condition , but didn't get beyond basic Smith, Weber and Marx - and I've forgotten nearly all that.

My Physics essays tended to get marked down as full of irrelevances and my social science ones "succinct to the point of meaninglessness".

James Whale on LBC. He's had an interview with Boris in which he says the protesters are undermining the rights of others to have peaceful protests, whilst also saying we can't let them think they have scared people from coming into central london or created a negative image of the capital for the world.

Then Paddick came on. He thinks masked youths should be arrested and searched from the outset. Asked about police masking up, he launches into 'they only get their helmets and shields on after disorder' and never mentions masking up.

Emails flooding in saying the monday protest should be banned n all.

Oh. And Paddick said a Police Officer was seriously hurt 2 hours before any containment when asked if the kettling provoked the violence, as claimed by protesters.

Gentlegreen, under what circumstances would it not be OK for cops to hit random girls in the face?

Or are there no such circumstances?

I'm sure that detective-boy will be along soon to explain that the bloke was committing a public order offence by protesting in a wheelchair.
Come now, that's one of his infirm types that are living longer than nature intended. His wheelchair should be sold and the proceeds spent on gruel for youngsters. A proportion of the proceeds anyway.

I wouldn't know - I've never related to mainstream politics - always focussed on issues I can actually understand a little - from first principles.
I tried the OU's social science foundation course in an attempt to understand the human condition , but didn't get beyond basic Smith, Weber and Marx - and I've forgotten nearly all that.

My Physics essays tended to get marked down as full of irrelevances and my social science ones "succinct to the point of meaninglessness".

yeah you are a bit thick.

So, in a nutshell, you didn't understand anything. Plus ça change

revolutionary heroes:

i don't understand - is the tree a government minister or even a capitalist - nah, it's just flammable...........

Caption: "protesters attempt to set fire to the norwegian christmas tree in trafalgar square, london" - clearly not students of any of the sciences if they couldn't manage to set a tree alight......

please someone think of the trees :d

Revolutionary heroes:

l31_26269219.jpg

I don't understand - is the tree a Government Minister or even a capitalist - nah, it's just flammable...........

Caption: "Protesters attempt to set fire to the Norwegian Christmas tree in Trafalgar Square, London" - clearly not students of any of the sciences if they couldn't manage to set a tree alight......

"spotty oik fails to set fire to tree at a range of 1 foot"

James Whale on LBC. He's had an interview with Boris in which he says the protesters are undermining the rights of others to have peaceful protests, whilst also saying we can't let them think they have scared people from coming into central london or created a negative image of the capital for the world.

Then Paddick came on. He thinks masked youths should be arrested and searched from the outset. Asked about police masking up, he launches into 'they only get their helmets and shields on after disorder' and never mentions masking up.

Emails flooding in saying the monday protest should be banned n all.

Oh. And Paddick said a Police Officer was seriously hurt 2 hours before any containment when asked if the kettling provoked the violence, as claimed by protesters.
5249567654_8745a718d7.jpg

cops on the strand 30/11/2010

I'm sure that detective-boy will be along soon to explain that the bloke was committing a public order offence by protesting in a wheelchair.
I haven't got the faintest idea what he was doing. But he is certainly capable of committing criminal offences just like anyone else. And any use of force on him would have to be justified (or not) in exactly the same way as anyone else.

Are you implying that because he is dsiabled he isn't capable of committing a criminal offence? :confused: Not very "right on" that, eh?

Back
Top Bottom