Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

London Student protests - Wed 8th Dec+ Thurs 9th

I only just remembered - didn't this all start because the protest deviated from the agreed route ?

Why would they follow an agreed route if the explicit police tactic is to kettle them in somewhere?

No-one should be obliged to follow an "agreed route" anyway.

Why would they follow an agreed route if the explicit police tactic is to kettle them in somewhere?

No-one should be obliged to follow an "agreed route" anyway.

Police also prevented a YFJ march from taking their agreed route, for the fourth time in the space of a few weeks.

Me too.

For me it just goes to show that no matter how moribund the class struggle has got for us over recent years the fundamental nature of this society will show through, and for a whole bunch of younsters recently they'll have learned some massive lessons they won't forget. Let's hope it's the start of a new wave of class struggle.

*raises tea mug to all those involved yesterday*
yup, these studes have really raised the bar several notches, and perhaps shown us wrinklies up. I totally salute them.

Well thats the bit I dont get ...why replace the coalition with the bunch that caused the problem in the first place? .......but this time they dont even have the money to throw around..........
then tax the rich and the banks,. and crack down on all the tax dodges

Gentlegreen, I would like to point out to you that at no point, despite repeated appeals, have you shown anything but endorsement for the police hitting innocent teenaged girls in the face with truncheons in entirely unprovoked attacks.

Is that really how you want to be remembered and thought of? The old guy that thinks girls should be hit in the face if they stand in the wrong olace?

Gentlegreen, I would like to point out to you that at no point, despite repeated appeals, have you shown anything but endorsement for the police hitting innocent teenaged girls in the face with truncheons in entirely unprovoked attacks.

Is that really how you want to be remembered and thought of? The old guy that thinks girls should be hit in the face if they stand in the wrong olace?

it's too late for what he wants to matter, it's how he's going to be recalled.

My mate has just got back from work, she works at a school and teaches two 6th formers who were both attacked apparently randomly by guys with concrete blocks. No mention about who they were far right or not, it was in the middle of a lesson so she couldn't get any more detail on this.

My mate has just got back from work, she works at a school and teaches two 6th formers who were both attacked apparently randomly by guys with concrete blocks. No mention about who they were far right or not, it was in the middle of a lesson so she couldn't get any more detail on this.
she should have gone down the sidetrack

anyone heard anything about this?

Two different people I know (and aren't in the habit of making things up) claim there were anti-student counter-protesters who briefly attacked marchers before being beaten back (and not by the OB?)

Plain clothes or far-right?

Quite worrying that the copper in charge thinks deviating from a route is proof of the intention to commit violent disorder.

“It is absolutely obvious that people have come to London with the intention of committing violent disorder, not coming for peaceful protest,” said Julia Pendry, a Met chief superintendent. “That can be proved by the fact they have deviated from the agreed route.”

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/26712950-03d2-11e0-8c3f-00144feabdc0.html?ftcamp=rss#axzz17jFipV6x

Amazing pics from the boston globe: http://tinyurl.com/dayx3pictures

this is the sort of thing 'gentle'green likes:

l11_26266229.jpg

R4 news just now: "Police are facing mounting criticism about their handling of yesterday's student protests..." :) "...after the car carrying the Prince of Wales..." :(

They did tag on about five seconds of "oh and some people are complaining about one guy being hit on the head and sent to hospital as well" at the end I suppose. Balance.

The BBC coverage is a disgrace - talk about a fucking mouthpiece of the establishment

The only good thing about the kettle yesterday as it was clearly against the law because they didn't provide water or toilet facilities (dec. in European court) so I hope to see lots and lots of pissed off students suing the arse off the Met

Quite worrying that the copper in charge thinks deviating from a route is proof of the intention to commit violent disorder.

“It is absolutely obvious that people have come to London with the intention of committing violent disorder, not coming for peaceful protest,” said Julia Pendry, a Met chief superintendent. “That can be proved by the fact they have deviated from the agreed route.”

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/26712950-03d2-11e0-8c3f-00144feabdc0.html?ftcamp=rss#axzz17jFipV6x

i think they're genuinely shitting it over the lack of success over the strategy of contain and batter

"But sir paul we are hitting them harder but they keep coming back"

Back
Top Bottom