Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Liz Truss’s time is up

Only that Led By Donkeys are funded by donations, and I have to wonder if this really provides those donors with true bang for their buck.

As much as I despise her, I don't think this was a particularly necessary or helpful action by Led by Donkeys. She's found her name trending and at the top of many media outlets online pages for the first time in a very long time time.

Any publicity... etc etc. Trump himself understands that. Just let the cretin slide into further obscurity.

Heartily agree with this, she's at least part narcissist and the best we can all do is ignore and forget her. She'll be starved of attention-oxygen soon enough and let's face it, we have many others to point and laugh at, some of whom are placed to cause damage. She's an embarrassing irrelevance that needs to be consigned to history.
I think the governing party and their out-riders view the Truss record as a valuable campaigning tool and will probably continue to do so up to and throughout the 2029 GE campaign. Ramming home the tories crashed the economy line will be important to their 'keep the tories out' strategy. As such, it's no surprise to see LP adjacent groups still interested in this aspect of the Truss administration.

Apparently she 'won't stand for it'

That's exactly what you did you fucking idiot.

People are ripping the piss out of her with their replies.

Weren’t so keen on economic security during your premiership, were you?
It didn’t have to be stopped for security reasons, it stopped because you had a tantrum and stormed off stage. How did a picture of a lettuce and words stop you speaking?
"I won't stand for it" Well if that's the case then take it up with your MP - it's what members of the public do

:D

Soz Liz - it was piss funny. It’s not designed to intimidate, just humiliate. Hopefully that worked. Seems to!
It was very very funny and is exactly the sort of free speech we should be proud of. If the activists were far-right they would have probably burned down the venue. Stop acting like a victim, you bring shame on our country.
"It's not funny, whah whah whah, it's not fair, whah whah whah, I'm gonna tell Elon on you lefties, whah whah bloody whah"

And, so they go on. :D

Dom Joly's one about sums it up. But yeh. She's gonna be on all the front pages tomorrow so that ain't good.

I doubt she'll be on many front pages, although the Daily Star will no doubt have fun with it.

And, it is great, because everyone is just laughing at her.

You posted 'Any publicity... etc etc. ', this is of course a nonsense, as Gerald Ratner would testify.

I doubt she'll be on many front pages, although the Daily Star will no doubt have fun with it.

And, it is great, because everyone is just laughing at her.

You posted 'Any publicity... etc etc. ', this is of course a nonsense, as Gerald Ratner would testify.

Anything to get back into the public eye. There she was there on a dusty stage in a village hall. Now she's trending again. It used to work for Farage - I suspect he set up some of the 'attacks' on him.

Anything to get back into the public eye. There she was there on a dusty stage in a village hall. Now she's trending again. It used to work for Farage - I suspect he set up some of the 'attacks' on him.

You're comparing chalk to cheese.

Farage picks up people agreeing with him, whilst most of us look on in despair.

With Truss, everyone just laughs and rips the piss out of her.

Farage is sadly clever, she's just a total fuckwit.

You're comparing chalk to cheese.

Farage picks up people agreeing with him, whilst most of us look on in despair.

With Truss, everyone just laughs and rips the piss out of her.

Farage is sadly clever, she's just a total fuckwit.

And yet, she's been trending all day. I've worked for PR agencies for years. You're right, she's thick as two short planks. But so is her target audience. I assume she still has designs on getting back into frontline politics at some point and this won't do any her harm.

And yet, she's been trending all day. I've worked for PR agencies for years. You're right, she's thick as two short planks. But so is her target audience. I assume she still has designs on getting back into frontline politics at some point and this won't do any her harm.

You're posting bollocks, mate.

Even most of the Tory party don't want anything to do with her, she's way to toxic, she's finished in main stream politics, the game is over for her.

You're posting bollocks, mate.

Even most of the Tory party don't want anything to do with her, she's way to toxic, she's finished in main stream politics, the game is over for her.
This stunt makes it look like she’s worth bothering with. It positions her as someone for whom the game is not over.

Apparently she 'won't stand for it'

That's exactly what you did you fucking idiot.

They got lucky...could not have gone better if was staged...if you look at vid she's actually talking about Trump when it starts to unfurl..but that she's rambled onto 'the economy' just as the words appear...and the Lettuce green dress...If the 'far right' had had panache to pull something like that off I'd be more worried by them.
As it is, this lot probably are to the left of the Bank of England et al whom previously thrown that epithet but she's wearing it out

But, as said above, her single political achievement of tanking the economy is, for the governing party, a piece of campaigning gold-dust.
Is that what she did?
I know this is a line beloved of liberals but what does it mean from a class perspective? The exploitation of workers did not suddenly stop - and if it had would that not be a bloody good thing? The nature of the class relationship did not suddenly change/alter over the course of her term of office. Workers still had their surplus value extracted.

But, as said above, her single political achievement of tanking the economy is, for the governing party, a piece of campaigning gold-dust.
Are you suggesting that the role of Led By Donkeys should be to campaign for the governing party? Or that I should celebrate something that is good campaigning for the governing party?

I'm still struggling to get my head round how such a mental slow pedestrian managed to get to the head of the Tory parliamentary party. And then I realise there was a whole bunch of them.

Ambitious thick detached people who drank the kool-aid and hitched themselves to some US inspired bullshit machine.

I must admit I'm enjoying watching chickens coming home to roost. Not that it helps much right now.

Poor snowflake Liz lettuce. :D

Back
Top Bottom